won't turn on

Jedburgh Guest

I'm new at this, but flew a Cessna from southern CA to Portland and then from Portland to Seattle. I'm now planning on heading east, but wanted to park my plane for the night. I shut the magnetos off and then came back an hour later but can't start the engines. Any idea what the problem might be? I had left my beacon lights on and hope the battery didn't go dead... but wouldn't the strobes go out when I shut down the magnetos? So first of all... can anyone tell me what the problem might be and secondly, is there any way to advance time so I don't have to wait through the night?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Why are you posting this in the Train Simulator forum? Umm...

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Jedburgh wrote:

I'm new at this, but flew a Cessna from southern CA to Portland and then from Portland to Seattle. I'm now planning on heading east, but wanted to park my plane for the night. I shut the magnetos off and then came back an hour later but can't start the engines. Any idea what the problem might be? I had left my beacon lights on and hope the battery didn't go dead... but wouldn't the strobes go out when I shut down the magnetos? So first of all... can anyone tell me what the problem might be and secondly, is there any way to advance time so I don't have to wait through the night?

The magnetos are an independent electrical source for engine ignition only and have nothing to do with electrical consumers such as lights and radios. You have to turn off the electrical master switch.

Simulation rate-[R]key then press [+] key. Repeat the [+] key for faster rates.
You can also just set the time to whatever you want without waiting, no need to let the simulation run with the engine off.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...