Baron 58 NAV lights

Pro Member Trainee
n9xv Trainee

I get "PANEL" lights ok in the Baron-58, but not "NAV" lights (nice red glow on the individual instruments). Is this normal?

Kevin

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

n9xv wrote:

I get "PANEL" lights ok in the Baron-58, but not "NAV" lights (nice red glow on the individual instruments). Is this normal?
Kevin

Nav lights are located on the wingtips and on the tail of the aircraft, not the panel.

Pro Member Trainee
CAFedm Trainee

This is copied from the FS9 Baron, although it would seem the same process would apply:

Within the Baron's main folder, open the panel folder and then the panel.cfg file (using MS Notepad). Scroll near the bottom and you will find something like this

gauge07=Beech_Baron!Annunciator Right Alternator, 40, 17, 48, 16
gauge08=Beech_Baron!Annunciator Starter, 41, 0, 46, 16
gauge09=Beech_Baron!Annunciator Aft Door, 40, 68, 48, 16

[Color]
Day=255,255,255
Night=225,117,89
Luminous=200,200,101

[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8192
SIZE_Y=2500

The bolded entries are what affect the cockpit lighting, presuming FSX uses the same setup as FS9 with the panel configuration.

Pro Member Trainee
n9xv Trainee

I think what I meant is that they (red instrument lighting) comes on with the NAV light switch. In the Baron-58 (FS9) The PANEL lights are so bright that you cant discern the red instrumentation lighting. I'll try to play with the numbers panel.cfg file and see what results I get. Thanks for the info!

Kevin

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

On my default FS9 Baron, no instrument lights come on when I hit the NAV light switch on the panel. The only panel illumination is the panel lights.

Jon Hicken Guest

If you're looking to turn on the panel lights, Press SHIFT+L.
NAV lights are on the wings, but activate cockpit lights in the Cessna aircraft.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...