Cannot Download Scenery File from flyawaysimulation.com

Pro Member Trainee
mpf858 Trainee

I’ve been trying to download the file “FSX/FS2004 Lost [sic] Angeles South East Scenery Package”, SLI_FX.zip at https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1406/fsx-fs2004-lost-angeles-south-east-scenery-package/ This is a 60Mb file, and it quits downloading about 40% through. I have no download time or size limitation by my ISP for this size file. I’ve tried to download it many times; and I’ve let it run up to a half-hour after it quits (it stays connected but the download doesn’t progress). My download rate has been ~130kb/sec, so it should take no longer than ~8 min. And, when I try to Open vs. Save this file, my browser (IE 7) won’t connect.

I've downloaded other files from flyawaysimulation.com without a problem.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks,
Martin

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
mpf858 Trainee

Thanks. Great Site. But it doesn't have this file.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

mpf858 wrote:

Thanks. Great Site. But it doesn't have this file.

Flyaway File description:

FSX/FS2004 Lost Angeles South East Scenery Package Popular

This is the fourth and final part of my LA-basin sceneries. It works equally well in FS2004 and FSX. This package covers the area east of my Southern Los Angeles Scenery, containing the airports Los Alamitos (SLI), John Wayne (SNA) and the beautiful coast along Huntington-, Newport- and Laguna Beach. Together with the other three volumes you get full coverage of the LA-basin. The scenery in standard FS2004-resolution of 4.7m/pixel. Gottfried Razek

Avsim File description:

This is the fourth and final part of my standard resolution Los Angeles sceneries. It works equally well in FS2004 and FSX. The package covers the area east of my Southern Los Angeles Scenery, containing the airports Los Alamitos (SLI), John Wayne (SNA) and Fullerton (FUL) as well as the scenic coast along Huntington-, Newport- and Laguna Beach and the beautiful Santa Ana Mountains. Together with the other three volumes you get full coverage of the LA-basin! The scenery is in standard FS2004-resolution of 4.7m/pixel.

The only difference is the file name which is quite normal.

Pro Member Trainee
mpf858 Trainee

God Bless, Tailhook! I found it and downloaded it at 350kb/sec without a hitch. Do you frequent all the FlyAwaySim forums? I certainly hope so! As a new subscriber, I couldn't have gotten started without your help.

Many, many thanks!

Martin

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

mpf858 wrote:

Do you frequent all the FlyAwaySim forums? I certainly hope so!

Secret I do indeed but PLEASE keep that to yourself - I've got too many bounty hunters stalking me Ninja

I'm glad you got it working 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...