recording video in flight sim x

pb21 Guest

I have problems recording video ie it judders on playback.
specs are:

amd 64 x 2 4200
gigabyte ga-k8nxp-sli
4 x 512 mb ddr ram crucial in dual mode
bfg geforce 7950 gt 512 mb graphics
2 x raptor 150 in striped mode

this board should be fine for flight sim x i have all latest drivers installed and get a fair pcmark graphics score.

when i fly i see everything fine right down to high level add on vfr scenery but when i try to record on playback its crap no matter what timing i use its jittery all the time. surely microsoft never intended it this way. if i record via a web cam the video is fine and i dont believe its the graphics card as its a high spec one. the raptors are flawless and rocket.

oh and did i mention that sp1 causes crashes.

any ideas?
regards

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Your set up is fine(although the processor is weak). Try adjusting the playback settings. If that does not work try re-installing FSX.

i dont mind giving this pc to the wife bar the raptors and video card what do u suggest i buy? i read that their wasnt much difference between new amd 2 cpus and what i have already but if u know of something that will rocket then...

regards

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

Change your view mode to "Locked Spot" and you should be good to go.

737FLIER wrote:

Your set up is fine(although the processor is weak). Try adjusting the playback settings. If that does not work try re-installing FSX.

you don't know what you are talking about.
the processor is not weak.

pb21 Guest

Well i was tweaking and took some advice and downloaded the new c++ 2005 distributable, now my control yoke functions visually in the flight deck but i have no control i cannot bank. so looks like a removal of sp1 and reinstall of sim x.

😞

so wont get to try locked mode yet

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...