737 checkride 'cheat'

kantk2007 Guest

You can somehow 'cheat' on the 737 checkride, I think it is the commercial pilot checkride (I have shifted to FSX so I have forgot the name. and I am pretty sure this works) When you get the engine failure after takeoff, put your throttle to idle and switch on autothrottle. The engine doesn't really 'fail', but it is actually put on idle by the instructor. You have to put your throttle on idle because the autothrottle will not make the two engines equal in power. Basically you can do the whole checkride on autopilot. Forgive me if I am wrong, but I some how remembered this from my FS2002 days...I think! 😀

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

Purpose of a checkride then? As for real life you wont even do a CPL checkride in a 737. As for an engine failure on takeoff in real life, need a hell of alot of Rudder. A system like a Thrust Assymetry Compensator (TAC) will kick in to automatically apply rudder to compensate for the lost engine.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...