You can somehow 'cheat' on the 737 checkride, I think it is the commercial pilot checkride (I have shifted to FSX so I have forgot the name. and I am pretty sure this works) When you get the engine failure after takeoff, put your throttle to idle and switch on autothrottle. The engine doesn't really 'fail', but it is actually put on idle by the instructor. You have to put your throttle on idle because the autothrottle will not make the two engines equal in power. Basically you can do the whole checkride on autopilot. Forgive me if I am wrong, but I some how remembered this from my FS2002 days...I think! 😀
1 Answers
Purpose of a checkride then? As for real life you wont even do a CPL checkride in a 737. As for an engine failure on takeoff in real life, need a hell of alot of Rudder. A system like a Thrust Assymetry Compensator (TAC) will kick in to automatically apply rudder to compensate for the lost engine.
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
Recently answered
DCS WorldHow do I set up auto-lasing in DCS Mission Editor?Set up DCS Mission Editor auto-lasing with an AI JTAC or UAV, matching laser codes, trigger…Read answer →AviationWhat landing gear does the Boeing 767 use, and how does it work?Boeing 767 landing gear is a retractable 10-wheel tricycle system. Learn how its bogies…Read answer →GeneralWhat is the best HOTAS mount for flight simulators?Find the best HOTAS mount for your flight simulator setup. Compare desk clamps, chair mounts…Read answer →AviationWhat is the stall speed of a Boeing 737?A Boeing 737 typically stalls at roughly 100–120 KIAS with landing flaps or 140–160 KIAS…Read answer →
First Officer