memory dump and restart

Pro Member Trainee
couger Trainee

I have been getting a problem with fsx for a while now where I can be flying for a while and then for no reason the pc will restart automaticly, but not before going to a blue screen and i think it is doing a memory dump. I have an nvidia en8600gt 512m card and 2gb of ddr400 ram and duel core 3.4 cpu. Can anyone explain to me why this may be happening. It only happens in fsx. 😕

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Could you tell us the exact message or post a screenshot of it.

That can come a few ways, overheating or an insufficient power supply come to mind.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Yes just 2 weeks back I was facing the same problem and RM suggested me overheating. I did not get a blue screen though but what I got was an spontaneous reboot anytime ingame!

I only had to open the cabinet and clean the dust layer accumulated on the processor fan and inside the cabinet/harddisk and power supply fan. Its a lot better now-trust me.

Also you could download somethin like a pc wizard or a speed fan (free download) to check temperatures of various components. Note your processor temp shouldn't be anythin more than 55 deg C when FSX is running and rendering.

Also its a different ball game if you have overclocked your GFX card.

Cheers

Pro Member Trainee
couger Trainee

OK. I was thing along those lines but I have recently put in a 600w power supply and it hasnt made any diff. the blue screen that comes up is only there for a split second, just long enough for me to pick up that it is doing a memory dump, which would make it nearly impossible to get a screenshot. Is it possible that i am running out of ram I have 2gb ddr. Ill try to get more of what the screen says.

Pro Member Trainee
couger Trainee

Would u recomend getting a case fan.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

couger wrote:

Would u recomend getting a case fan.

Get one, about $20 bucks.
Put it on the back rear grid blowing out.
Very easy to do.

If there is any way you can add one to the front also use it to blow in cool air.
If you have the front one the back is a necessity.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Nothin to do with the PC... most probably an overheating problem. I have a same config more or less except the video card which is of ATI Sapphire make.

Do as RM says

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...