Resolution & framerate?

Pro Member Trainee
Arul Dass (arulu) Trainee

Friends I just recently got a new LCD monitor 19" wide screen. After changing the resolution according to the screen I see a great drop in framerate in FSX, drop about 5-7. Has this resolution has an effect on framerate? I am using Vista 32bit E6420 Duo Core, Nvidia 8500GT 512MB and 3gb ram DDR2.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Yes, the resolution effects frame rate. The more detailed the picture(higher resolution) requires the video card and processor to work harder thus reduced frame rate. You will also see variations in frame rate with dense scenery versus less dense scenery; fly over a very large city and your frame rate will decrease.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

Yes, the resolution effects frame rate. The more detailed the picture(higher resolution) requires the video card and processor to work harder thus reduced frame rate. You will also see variations in frame rate with dense scenery versus less dense scenery; fly over a very large city and your frame rate will decrease.

CRJ is exactly right 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Arul Dass (arulu) Trainee

Thanks friend, any method to rectify this.

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Hello fellow simmers,
Learned something several months ago when I went with a ViewSonic 22" WSM - In fsx.cfg, there's a line for "Wide-view aspect" - default is "false" - "CHANGE" to True.............really helped me and I am running
1680x1050 32bit with minimal fps loss - using 8800GTS 640 meg.

Maybe this will help some.

cthiggin

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

How do I get into the fsx.cfg?

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

D5Tweddle wrote:

How do I get into the fsx.cfg?

Open it with notepad.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...