F/A-18E Superbug

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Something to look forward to:

The VRS F/A-18E Super Hornet, or "Superbug", is the first true 3-axis fly-by-wire combat aircraft designed for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The flight model is not "fly-by-wire-like", it's a dynamic, fully control-law-dependent proportional control system driving a single (ordinance independent) neutrally-statically-stable base flight model. The FBW system extends to 100% custom autopilot functions.

Crafted by a small, dedicated team of developers who also happen to be engineers in real life, the VRS F/A-18E seeks to provide what we believe is by far the most comprehensive overall simulation of ANY combat aircraft ever created for the Flight Simulator franchise. VRS has created a truly remarkable and faithful reproduction of the U.S. Navy's newest strike fighter.

Systems ranging from tactical (functioning weapons and sensors) to dedicated, custom fuel, hydraulic and ECS simulation designed [strictly] based on the U.S. Navy's NATOPS flight manuals for this aircraft. Everything from the working and accurate radar, to the early warning and navigation systems are meticulously recreated in extreme detail and fidelity.

Extensively researched visuals include a fully functional (and we mean fully functional and flyable) Virtual Cockpit including 90% 3D switches, knobs, buttons, and even individual bolts. True HUD collimation provides accurate velocity vector/flight path and targeting indication under all flight conditions. Designed with TrackIR users in mind, you'll find no equal in terms of HUD performance and accuracy. An incredible set of high resolution 2D panels (not because you need them, but because we believe in going the extra mile), and a dozen sub-panels round out the "office" of the F/A-18E. Our "intelligent" highly optimized 3D external model responds to preferences, drawing only the weapons you select for load-out with the Aircraft Configuration Manager. Thousands of weapons combinations are possible, yet only one 3D model is required.

In addition, all weight, drag and asymmetry is accounted for no matter what you load on the aircraft. When a weapon is released, it is of course fully animated, but most importantly the weight, drag, and lateral moments are accounted for accurately. Drop or fire a weapon and watch the flight dynamics change. This is MUCH more than a pretty plane; the VRS F/A-18 is serious aircraft simulation in every respect.

Check out the screenies here:

http://www.vrsimulations.com/

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Whoa! That looks fantastic, i'm dribbling at the thought already Drool , nice find Tailhook! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

If anyone would figure out why I had to add the link to the screens I knew it would be you Welshflyer.
When I discovered this piece I was reading and reading and my jaw kept dropping and dropping 😳 and then I had to start allover again because I'd missed the bit about carrier capability. Bunch of beginners, nothing in the text, is there Evil or Very Mad Just who do they think is gonna fly that crate??

I almost didn't scroll down to the last row of pics 🙄

So, all being well, once it's out why don't you and I do a coop COP 😛 ?
I'll sit on top of the island with my cigar and binoculars and drive the ship which YOU Sir are trying to land on. I'm thinking of putting the net up a second before your gear hits the deck just to spook you Devil

Deal? 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Hmmm, I guess im just going to have to bring some popcorn, a fold up chair and a sunhat!! Then watch a Top-Gun flyby with the F-14 piloted by that guy who loves his F-14's, im pretty sure he is Jamaican 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sorry to disappoint you that Jamaican dude is as stubborn as a nineteenth century missionary in the jungles of South America.
He's decided that just because the F-14 has been retired he's not gonna fly them anymore.
Secret ...word on the street is he's driving a Bus now.. full time 😳 what a waste of talent 😞

If you happen to read this Mr. Drew and it bites you, by all means retaliate.. bring it on Devil
You can shoot at me with anything at your disposal the only condition being you're doing it from inside an F-14 cockpit Ha Ha

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you that Jamaican dude is as stubborn as a nineteenth century missionary in the jungles of South America.
He's decided that just because the F-14 has been retired he's not gonna fly them anymore.
Secret ...word on the street is he's driving a Bus now.. full time 😳 what a waste of talent 😞

If you happen to read this Mr. Drew and it bites you, by all means retaliate.. bring it on Devil
You can shoot at me with anything at your disposal the only condition being you're doing it from inside an F-14 cockpit Ha Ha

ROFL Time to play technological mind games Devil

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

$40? it better be perfect for that amount of money

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Tailhook wrote:

If anyone would figure out why I had to add the link to the screens I knew it would be you Welshflyer.
When I discovered this piece I was reading and reading and my jaw kept dropping and dropping 😳 and then I had to start allover again because I'd missed the bit about carrier capability. Bunch of beginners, nothing in the text, is there Evil or Very Mad Just who do they think is gonna fly that crate??

I almost didn't scroll down to the last row of pics 🙄

So, all being well, once it's out why don't you and I do a coop COP 😛 ?
I'll sit on top of the island with my cigar and binoculars and drive the ship which YOU Sir are trying to land on. I'm thinking of putting the net up a second before your gear hits the deck just to spook you Devil

Deal? 😀

You just bring the cigar,binoculars and net and i'll bring the F-18 light your cigar with the AB and then use the net as a wire 😀 !
Did i just say that out loud? What i meant to say was, "oh dear, i'm not sure about this" Fear

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

This is an Update for others who are as slow as I am:

It has been released!!! (...quite some time ago) Embarassed Embarassed

It appears that some folks had problems with their downloads and some bugs have been found. With that in mind I'll be holding off for the time being. Those buyers who had no problems are full of praise for the product. Some say the VC is the best made for FSX so far.

Anyone who gets it, please give us a HU 🍻

Edit: That should be "Some say the VC is the best made for FS9 so far... or ever."

Last edited by Tailhook on Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

This is an Update for others who are as slow as I am:

It has been released!!! (...quite some time ago) Embarassed Embarassed

It appears that some folks had problems with their downloads and some bugs have been found. With that in mind I'll be holding off for the time being. Those buyers who had no problems are full of praise for the product. Some say the VC is the best made for FSX so far.

Anyone who gets it, please give us a HU 🍻

Its not out for FSX, only FS9........
:'(

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Quite right, what was I thinking. Maybe they were talking in anticipation... or were they saying the VC is the best ever made for FS9? Can't remember where I read it Doh!

What is this "FSX" some people are talking about? 😁

Last edited by Tailhook on Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

The "FSX" that people are talking about is a fictional myth, that has the tenacity to believe that it's better than FS9 😳 ,whatever will they think of next? They'll be telling us that NASA never went to the moon next! 😀

Pro Member First Officer

Welshflyer wrote:

The "FSX" that people are talking about is a fictional myth, that has the tenacity to believe that it's better than FS9 😳 ,whatever will they think of next? They'll be telling us that NASA never went to the moon next! 😀

NASA never went to the moon. 🙄

😛 It was Niel Armstrong! 😂

I have this thing, and she's awesome. You guys want some pics?

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

Razgr1z912 wrote:

NASA never went to the moon. 🙄

😛 It was Niel Armstrong! 😂

I have this thing, and she's awesome. You guys want some pics?

YES ❗ 😀

Flyboy92

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

I've had some bourbon and a couple beers tonight so I can't be arsed to read your long post, (don't worry, i will tomorow) but that dancing smiley face has me mesmerized...

😀

(live in kentucky, just got internet back)

Pro Member First Officer

Traches wrote:

I've had some bourbon and a couple beers tonight so I can't be arsed to read your long post, (don't worry, i will tomorow) but that dancing smiley face has me mesmerized...

😀

(live in kentucky, just got internet back)

Just wait for my shots. 😀

Pro Member First Officer

Shots are up.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...