Editing Airline Callsigns

Pro Member Trainee
ehuang6 Trainee

Is there any way to delete airline callsigns? Group Wave

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

You don't have to delete them, just change by opening A/C selection, click details to change.

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

Or do you mean to alter callsign names?

As it says in the previous post when you select your aircraft to fly, change the callsign name in the 'change' details.

To delete a callsign name altogether, you need to go into the aircraft.cfg files to delete, any help give us a shout.

Pro Member Trainee
ehuang6 Trainee

Hey guys thx for the help! 😂

Sorry for not being specific enough, but i do mean to delete some callsigns altogether.

Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

This will install Edit voicepack. http://www.xs4all.nl/~larsm/FlightSimulator/EditVoicepack/EditVoicepack40ctp2.zip

Im pretty sure it can delete call signs, and add them.

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

Edit voice pack is excellent to add callsigns, don't know if it deletes them though. What callsigns are you trying to delete?

Pro Member Trainee
ehuang6 Trainee

Just the extra ones that come with different downloadable aircraft.

Ex. Callsigns: United, United Airlines (I would like to delete the United Airlines one)

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

You need to go in the aircraft.cfg to delete the 'airlines' bit after United. Open the sim objects folder then open airplanes folder and look for whatever aircraft you need to alter callsign on (i.e. A319 or B767) open the aircraft.cfg (located in the aircraft type file) with notepad and scroll down to ATC_airline or ATC_id, then alter your callsign. If you have not downloaded the editvoice pack, FSX still recognises legacy airline callsigns like 'United' Delta, KLM, Aeroflot etc etc.

Hope this helps.

Pro Member Trainee
ehuang6 Trainee

Thx so much for your help you guys. 😀

I have edited some callsigns to my liking now.

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

Glad to help.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...