On the Ground!

Pro Member Trainee
matt_flyaway Trainee

2 things:

1. When am pushing back from the gate, I'm unable to turn left or right. Is there a way to do that?

2. When parked at the gate what are the commands to call over the grounds crew? (baggage, fuel, jetway, etc)

thanks

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
matt_flyaway Trainee

thanks for the download..... the only hing im not seeing is that commands fr pusshing back and turning.

thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Under General.

Shift+P then 1 or 2 to turn tail right/left.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

Under General.

Shift+P then 1 or 2 to turn tail right/left.

Radar

I'm having a problem with that too, with the 737, mine will not turn at all. And I have all the ground vehicles setting all the way to 100% but I know that probably has nothing to do with turning the plane.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I wouldn't hesitate to to install any of Rob Barendregt's gauges:

rcbgh-50.zip

there's also this optional add-on

rcbgh50a.zip

both on this page: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2634/fsx-groundhandling-gauges-pushback-taxispeed-control-etc/

PS: The Harrier in my sig flies they way it is supposed to i.e. perfect VTOL courtesy of one of Rob's gauges 😎

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

To get the jetway, park with your nose gear at the end of the yellow line, then press Ctrl+J to call the jetway. By default, I believe it only works on the commercial jets (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 737-800, and the Airbus A321 and possibly the CRJ-700). You can get the baggage trucks to come by pressing Shift+E 2 (open the door (Shift+E), and quickly press 2). You can get the fuel truck by pressing Shift+F and you can get the pushback truck by pressing Shift+P. For the jetways you need to have "Advanced Animations" on. None of the other vehicles at the airport will interact with your airplane; they just drive around as AI.

Orion

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Great questions! I'm glad to help out fellow flight simulation enthusiasts. Let's tackle them one at a time.

1. Pushback with left or right turn

In Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX), the default pushback command allows only straight pushback. However, you can use third-party utilities or keyboard shortcuts to achieve a pushback with a turn. For example, you can try the following:

Regarding Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020, the pushback process is more intuitive. You can use the in-game ATC menu or the pushback toolbar icon to request a tug and control the direction of the pushback with the provided arrows.

2. Calling the ground crew

In FSX, you can request ground services through the default ATC menu by pressing the ` (backquote) key, and then selecting the Ground Services option. Here's a quick list of default commands to call specific ground services directly:

• Jetway: Ctrl + J
  • Fuel Truck: Shift + F
  • Baggage Loader: Shift + E + 2 (press and release Shift + E, then quickly press 2)

Unfortunately, FSX doesn't have a dedicated command for requesting a catering truck or other ground services directly. You may want to explore third-party add-ons like GSX Ground Services for FSX (https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html) for more comprehensive ground service options.

For MSFS 2020, the ground services can be requested via the in-game ATC menu or by clicking the relevant icons in the toolbar at the top of the screen while parked at the gate. This includes baggage, fuel, jetway, power, and more.

I hope this information helps you out, and happy flying! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...