Main Gears OFF the ground!

Pro Member First Officer
William A. Jones (waj2306) First Officer

I have Mike Stone's C141 and LOVE it! The only problem I have encountered is that the Main Gears are OFF the ground when at sitting still and when taxing. The aircraft sits level with the nose gear touching the ground and the mains OFF. with this, the cargo ramp is off the ground also. I have both the C130 and C5A Galaxy by Mike Stone and they are fine in this respect. Any thoughts on adjusting something in the air.cfg?

Having JUMPED out of the C141 many, many, many time in my 25 year career, I assure you that the main gears DO touch the ground (hehehehehe)!

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
CAFedm Trainee

Truly odd, I've downloaded bunches of Mike Stone's planes and have not had a similar problem - his are usually trouble-free. Anyway, open the aircraft.cfg file located inside your main C-141 aircraft file (open with MS Notepad), and look for entry for Contact Points. You will see something like below, which is in fact copied from my own C-141 that comes from a different source:

point.0 = 1, 52.40, 0.00, -10.00, 5000, 0, 1.500, 80, 1.0, 0.9, 0.9, 5.5, 5.5, 0, 0, 0
point.1 = 1, -12.70, -8.50, -10.90, 5000, 1, 1.500, 0, 1.0, 0.8, 0.8, 6.9, 6.9, 2, 0, 0
point.2 = 1, -12.70, 8.50, -10.90, 5000, 2, 1.500, 0, 1.0, 0.8, 0.8, 6.5, 6.5, 3, 0, 0

static_pitch = -0.95
static_cg_height = 10.60
gear_system_type=1 //Hydraulic

point.0 is the nosegear, point.1 and point.2 are maingear. Scroll along to the fourth figure in each one (for point.0 above, is -10.00, and for point.1 and point.2, is -10.90). To make the gear appear closer to ground, reduce this figure, try adding a foot at first (e.g., -11.00). Increasing it brings the gear closer to the fuselage. Save your changes and give it a go, this is a trial-and-error process. Always make a backup of the original aircraft.cfg before doing any alterations.

EDIT - Just reread your post and didn't factor in the fact that the nose gear is OK. You can also try adjusting the static_pitch factor, maybe try 1.5 for a start. This will also require some testing out to get it right.

Pro Member First Officer
William A. Jones (waj2306) First Officer

PERFECT! It seems that the two rear mains were off by .40. took about 20 minutes to fix. Your the greatest! Thanks!

Bill

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

waj2306 wrote:

PERFECT! It seems that the two rear mains were off by .40. took about 20 minutes to fix. Your the greatest! Thanks!

Bill

if only the swedish bikini team was telling him that. it might change everything... hahahahaha 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...