FSX crashing with MSVCR80.DLL

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Hey guys,

After coming back to FSX after a little layoff of FS, I'm getting fatal errors with MSVCR80.DLL crashing every time I pick a plane, doesn't matter which one I pick, it still crashes to the desktop and restarts FSX.

Has anyone come accross this before and know how to fix it?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try changing to new video drivers (?Nvidia I bet), don't forget to clean out the old first.

If you have an old copy of FSUIPC that could be it.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

Try changing to new video drivers (?Nvidia I bet), don't forget to clean out the old first.

I belive I have the newest drivers but I'll go look for some new ones. My card is a EVGA 6600GT.

If you have an old copy of FSUIPC that could be it.

Radar

Doesn't FSUIPC come with FSX?

edit new info

I just got FSUIPC for FSX, and it works now, no errors. Now my question is why did I get this error now and not before when FSX was working great?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

😀 Don't ask why as long as it's working...right.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

n7xlq1 wrote:

Hey guys,

After coming back to FSX after a little layoff of FS, I'm getting fatal errors with MSVCR80.DLL crashing every time I pick a plane, doesn't matter which one I pick, it still crashes to the desktop and restarts FSX.

Has anyone come accross this before and know how to fix it?

It doesn't appear to be an FSX issue. I have no less than 8 MSVCR80.DLL files on my system, none however residing in FSX or FS9 for that matter.

Here are a couple of links you might find interesting:

http://www.instant-registry-fixes.org/why-do-i-keep-receiving-msvcr80dll-missing-errors/

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=60232

Re: FSUIPC, no it doesn't come with FSX but is a third party module which is required for many add-ons, both pay- and freeware to work. To learn a little about this essential module will help you avoid problems in the future.

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Two points you should keep in mind:

1. Should you uninstall and reinstall the sim, you must fetch preferably the most recent version of FSUIPC and install it.

2. Self installers have the nasty habit of overwriting new gauges and the FSUIPC.dll with older versions. If you must use the self installers, check the FSUIPC version and replace it with a more recent one.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Thx TH I got it working by just downloading new FSUIPC.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...