Error when starting FS9

Istyar Guest

When I start FS9 I get error:
"Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled.
File: ACONTAIN.DLL"

And it writes me again and again with these files:
ACONTAIN.DLL
AI_PLAYR.DLL
ATC.DLL
CONTROLS.DLL
DEMO.DLL
FACILITIES.DLL
FE.DLL
FLIGHT.DLL
FSUI.DLL
G2D.DLL
G3D.DLL
INSTRUCTOR.DLL
MAIN.DLL
MULTIPLAYER.DLL
SOUND.DLL
SYMMAP.DLL
TERRAIN.DLL
Traffic.DLL

And when it will write all these files it will crash.
All these files are in the Modules folder.

Can someon help?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you loaded the 9.1 patch incorrectly that's most likely the reason for the problem.

If not then get rid of those from the module folder and pick off new ones from the disk to replace them.This link will show you what disk they are on.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11845/here-is-complete-list-of-what-is-on-each-fs9-disk/

Personally I would completely uninstall, the sim and reinstall it. Some of the disks may be dirty, scratched or have finger prints.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3805/

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Istyar. Guest

Reinstalling FS9 or recopying these files doesn't work. It still reports the same. I also tried to install FS9 on another computer and then copy whole FS9 folder to my computer and still the same.

This problem appeared when I installed 737 Pilot in Command. It started to report these errors. So I uninstalled 737 Pilot in Command and the problems didn't stop.

I really can't understand why this problem is happening...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

737 Pilot in Command was probably self installing so it put it's own .DLL's into your folders.

You know the disks are good because it worked on another machine. Just uninstalling and reinstalling won't get rid of everything.
Uninstall it, then go to search and feed in every one of those .DLL's and delete them, make sure you don't delete anything that Windows needs to run.
Try the way MS has in the link I gave you, short of reinstalling Windows to get the sim clear there isn't another way.

Radar

Istyar. Guest

737 Pilot in Command uninstalled itself completely. No files remains from this expansion pack. I searched also all over the cache files and nothing is there. Also those DLL files the game reports aren't anywhere in my computer.

That's the thing I can't understand... Maybe I will need to reinstall Windows (I reinstalled it one week ago 😂 ). Bad problem 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That would solve all the problems, start fresh!

Let us know how it works out.

Radar

Istyar. Guest

So I'll reinstall Windows 😕

But let's say that this is a problem that teoretically can't happen 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Istyar. wrote:

So I'll reinstall Windows 😕

But let's say that this is a problem that teoretically can't happen 😀

Ahhhh...but it did...grasshopper!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...