Lost ATC Voices

Pro Member Trainee
Rick (ramccli) Trainee

A couple of days ago, I lost the sound (voices) of ATC. Thought that it was my headset and tried another pair...still no voices. I uninstalled FSX and reinstalled, but still no voices. I have engine sounds on all aircraft that I have loaded. Can anyone help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Rick in Colorado

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

In FSX, not in the Sim.
Options/Settings/Sound, changed under Windows sound devices Voice from Default Voice Device to Speakers(High Definition Audio Device).

Let us know if that works.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Rick (ramccli) Trainee

Morning Radarman

Thanks for the reply...I failed to include in initial post that I am running FSX on Windows 7. I check the Windows settings and still no voice from God (ATC). Again, all other sounds work fine and even decrese when I click on ATC box. I am new to FSX, have only had it for 3 weeks and absolutly love it. I just do not understand how ATC was lost when it worked fine on initial install. If you or anyone else has any other ideas, I would love to hear them to get God (respectfully) back.

Thanks again in advance

Rick in Colorado
Warrior & Turbo Arrow Pilot

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
Rick (ramccli) Trainee

Hey RadarMan,

God is back (respectfully) 😀 😀 I just wanted to thank you for all your suggestions, unfortunately in my case none worked 😞 I seached the related topics at the bottom and found a post from about 5 years ago with the exact same problem. The author tried everything (including some of your fixes) and nothing. Like me, he had Realtek Sound and downloaded the full driver download for Win7. I figured, what the heck. From start to finish, it only took about 5 minutes, and lots of joy. I have provided the Realtek link below for others that experience this problem in the future. NOTAM: On the Realtek page, you want the full download which is the 2nd choice below the README link. You are looking for the WIN7 Driver Only Zipfile (101+k). When you hover over US 1 and US 2, they will state East or West Coast. Once you download and unzip, follow the simple readme instruction.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Again, thanks for all your help with my problem 😀 😀

Rick in Colorado
Warrior and Turbo Arrow Pilot (in real life)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Glad to see you have it working!
Now enjoy!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Rick (ramccli) Trainee

RadarMan...One last thing and I will leave you alone for a while 🙂

Can you recommend a good tutorial for ILS approaches? Although I have over 300 hrs, I am still a VFR Pilot in real life, and I figure FSX would be great for starting my IFR training.

Thanks again

Rick in Colorado

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The best you will ever find from one of the most knowledgeable people I have the good fortune to know.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8080/ils-approach-guide-tutorial/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Mike (pusser) Trainee

I too, have lost my ATC voices, along with my own pilot voice. I can open the ATC window, click the ATIS link and no voice or text appears onscreen. If I click "Contact Tower or Ground", the same things happens, no voice or text. As others have said, the routine of going through clearance and so on works, just without voice or text. Having followed all advice I have read here, I still have no ATC voices. Checking in Settings and General, "Use Pilot voice" is checked BUT.... there are no pilot voices available! That's interesting because I ran a new installation of FSX and a repair of Acceleration and still there are no voices available. On the good side, my Airbus has reappeared, having been missing because its .cfg file had somehow disappeared.
I am running Windows XP Pro on my computer and have no idea why the ATC voices just suddenly stopped. Checking with Windows Explorer, I notice that there is an ATC folder within the FSX/Sounds folder but I am not sure if all its files are there.
I think I have tried everything and cannot understand why there are no pilot voices available. Any ideas?

Pro Member Trainee
Mike (pusser) Trainee

Can anyone tell me where I find the Pilots voices file and where it should be? I have a FSX/Sound folder containing another folder and two files but nothing that I can recognise as pilot voices.
Anyone interested in letting me know what the contents of the Sound folder should be or where the pilots voices should be please?

Pro Member Trainee
Mike (pusser) Trainee

pusser wrote:

Can anyone tell me where I find the Pilots voices file and where it should be? I have a FSX/Sound folder containing another folder and two files but nothing that I can recognise as pilot voices.
Anyone interested in letting me know what the contents of the Sound folder should be or where the pilots voices should be please?

Forget it guys, I got it fixed.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...