Hello I have been trying to download planes. I follow online tutorials and get the plane downloaded but its all black just a shadow of the plane. Where do I go wrong?
1 Answers
Try lowering all your slides, the sim may look very bad but lets see if the aircraft shows up.
Be sure to lower autogen, clouds, shadows and AI.
Let us know how it looks then.
It may be your video card, diverting the cards "power" from the sim to the aircraft will tell us if we're right.
Let us know how you do.
It sounds as if you have a laptop.

Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FSX — recently answered
FSXWhat KMCO scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four freeware FSX KMCO scenery add-ons for Orlando, including gates, parking, jetways…Read answer →FSXIs there an FSX demo, and how can you try it?Download the legacy FSX demo, see what it includes, and fix common installation problems on…Read answer →FSXWhat KLAX scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four KLAX scenery add-ons for FSX: a full airport rebuild, lightweight update, AFCAD…Read answer →FSXHow do I start the PMDG 737 cold and dark in FSX?Start the PMDG 737 NGX cold and dark in FSX with the correct power, IRS, APU, bleed-air, fuel…Read answer →
Trainee
Chief Captain