Scenery for my area

Pro Member Trainee
sfetty Trainee

I lve in WV and my local airport is on Microsoft FS 2004. The terrain surrounding the airport isn't completely accurate. Roads, rivers etc are missing. Are there available scenery downloads available for my own hometown area? 😕 Help!

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest

FS9 is such a large and complex program that it is impossible to create accurately detailed cities/airports in many areas. Microsoft has made a "fair" 🙄 attempt with large cities and their nearby airports, however, in smaller cities about the only thing that is close to resembling the airport is the runway layout.

What area/city of VW are you referring to?

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

... and checkout the Scenery section under FS2004 Downloads for available scenery. If no luck, possibly Radarman 👏 can help you in what you are looking for. He is very good in finding obscure addon software.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Right, what airport or area?

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
sfetty Trainee

I live in Morgantown, WV. They show the power plant cooling towers located just several miles from the Morgantown airport on flight simulator. The power station is just accross the state line in PA. I was just curious if there might be some downloads that would more correctly reflect the city of Morgantown and the surrounding area. The Morgantown airport is only 3 miles away from downtown Morgantown. Didn't figure there were any downloads. Thought I would ask though. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
sfetty Trainee

http://library.avsim.net/search.php? I found a panel that has Morgantown in it. How does that work in FS 2004? Do I just download it into FS2004 and when I bring up the Morgantown airport on FS, it will be loaded up and I will be able to see more of the actual terrain , roads etc of the surrounding area? ❓ ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't know, your link doesn't work.

None of the ones that I gave you are ok?

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
sfetty Trainee

I didn't explain myself very well. I believe the ones that you gave me will be fine. There was one there that had Morgantown in it. My question is, once I download that particular panel onto my computer at home into MS2004, will it load up when I access the Morgantown airport on FS2004? The description of that scene looks like it is exactly what I am looking for. I said in one of my earlier posts, I am not only FS challenged, I am also somewhat computer challenged also. Embarassed Hopefully, with some help from this forum, and from what I understand in particular, YOU, ( I think you are considered by many on this forum as somewhat of the resident expert), I will learn a little bit about flying and maybe as an added bonus, I'll learn a little more about my computer. 🙂) I certainly do appreciate all the help I can get. I really would like to learn as much as I can about flying. ❗ ❗ I am 54 years old and want to prove that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks ❗ 😀 I am proud of myself for just figuring out how to get these little emoticons into the body of my message. 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

When you said "panel" you had me confused (It's easy to do).
I don't know which scenery that you are using from that group that I gave to you but it should have step by step instructions in the read-me that comes with it.
If you follow them carefully and slowly it'll work beautifully.
If you have any problems please ask us to help.
I'm putting the "generic" scenery directions below and by the way, I'm not a kid either.
1. Extract the zip into your main FS2004 Addon Scenery folder, or into a temporary folder, and then move it there, which ever method you prefer.
I use the temp and drag and drop.

2. Start up FS2004 and when the welcome screen, or initial menu comes on, select settings, then click on Scenery Library, and Add Area. Find the Addon Scenery folder and open it, then find the XXXX folder and click on it. The name XXXX should now appear in the title window, then click OK. Then you will see XXXX at the top of your scenery library list, and click the OK tab at the bottom.

3. That's it! You must first exit FS2004, and when you restart it your scenery will be there. It is not necessary to use the Addon Scenery option to locate this scenery, simply go to the airport in FS.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
sfetty Trainee

Thanks! 😀 😀 I'm at work right now. Tommorrow I will give it a try. Thanks again ❗ ❗

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...