De Hav Comet download for FS2004

Pro Member Trainee
ColinBeckman Trainee

Hi Everyone I am a bit new to downloading sceney and aicraft files. I have downloaded a few aircraft successfully but not having much luck with scenery files however the last file as above has loaded ok, except the aircraft has no landing gear. I also have guages missing in the cockpit just black holes where they should be.
I moved all the files from the download guages folder to the guages folder in FS2004, but there was a second folder called coRMI with picture files of guages, where do these have to go.
I have tried putting these in the FX2004 guages folder, and in the aircraft guages folder seperately and even still in the folder they originated from but can,t get them to appear in the cockpit.

Can I have some help please

Thankns ColinBeckman

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It may be too graphic intensive for your video card.
Try changing some of the settings down.
It's been a long time for me with 2004.
Lower autogen and clouds, shut off shadows.
It may look bad but we want to see if you will be able to see what is missing now.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
ColinBeckman Trainee

OK
So what do I do with the folder I mentioned

Pro Member Trainee
ColinBeckman Trainee

Yes guys
lowerd all display settings and no different. Still has no landing gear and the instuments are still missing. There is the throttle quadrant either. I have level indicator.
FS2004 works great on my acer extensa 5635z I just downloaded the new airbus and its great so dont know why the comet is not right. Could be how iv'e loaded gauges.
The landing gear I don't know I assumed that they should apear with the model program

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Put all that has to do with gauges in the main gauge folder (you did all but one).
Also go back to the download and leave the gauge folder in the aircraft folder, one should do it if you have it in both places.
Since the landing gear are retractable you might have to press the correct key or button on your controls.
Be sure to read the read-me that came with the download, he should tell you what to do.

If that particular aircraft means a lot to you email the designer and ask him what to do, they are a very nice bunch.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Fredericia01 First Officer

It would be helpful if you wrote which DH Comet, and where you found it.

Pro Member First Officer

Fredericia01 wrote:

It would be helpful if you wrote which DH Comet, and where you found it.

Is it this one ??? http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/dh106_comet.htm

Pro Member Trainee
ColinBeckman Trainee

FS2004 deHavilland DH-106 Comet - Dan Air London and Olympic Airways liveries
I downloade it from this site

Pro Member Trainee
ColinBeckman Trainee

Thanks
I downloaded the comet from your link which is OK
Just getting to grips with adding the real sounds now as it sounds like it has props and not jst engines.
Im hopeless at getting all the files in the correct folders but I'll get there in the end.

Pro Member Trainee
ColinBeckman Trainee

Fredericia01
I have place all the sounds and other stuff thats in the shared files in the aircraft folder.
I am still getting engine sounds like a cessna and even the dashboard is not the comets.
Can you give me a few pointers to get me on the right track. I do what the readme tell me to do but don't get the results.
pretty annoying and frustrating for me.

Pro Member First Officer

ColinBeckman wrote:

Hi Everyone I am a bit new to downloading sceney and aicraft files. I have downloaded a few aircraft successfully but not having much luck with scenery files however the last file as above has loaded ok, except the aircraft has no landing gear. I also have guages missing in the cockpit just black holes where they should be.
I moved all the files from the download guages folder to the guages folder in FS2004, but there was a second folder called coRMI with picture files of guages, where do these have to go.
I have tried putting these in the FX2004 guages folder, and in the aircraft guages folder seperately and even still in the folder they originated from but can,t get them to appear in the cockpit.

Thankns ColinBeckman

Yes the DH Comet from Flyaway is buggy, no landing gear, very poor panel, and a fault entry on selecting aircraft - It should be removed from the download section.

Pro Member First Officer

ColinBeckman wrote:

Fredericia01
I have place all the sounds and other stuff thats in the shared files in the aircraft folder.
I am still getting engine sounds like a cessna and even the dashboard is not the comets.
Can you give me a few pointers to get me on the right track. I do what the readme tell me to do but don't get the results.
pretty annoying and frustrating for me.

I've downloaded and tested the Comet from David Maltby, and it works perfectly -- Here's how I did it :
1. Download aircraft ( model and texture), unzip to desktop ( made a file called Maltby-comet)
2. Download panel , unzip to desktop ( made a file called Maltby panel)
3. Download sound, unzip to desktop ( made a file called Maltby sound)

Inside those files are ( comet + sound ) an Aircraft file, simply cut and paste to your MAIN FS2004 folder
the same goes for the files in the panel file -- copy and paste to your MAIN FS2004 folder

Do not try to cut and paste the files to any other place than your MAIN folder.

I've tested it, and it works perfect Smile

Pro Member First Officer

Fredericia01 wrote:

ColinBeckman wrote:

Thankns ColinBeckman

Yes the DH Comet from Flyaway is buggy, no landing gear, very poor panel, and a fault entry on selecting aircraft - It should be removed from the download section.

Make sure that you remove all ofthe files related to the Comet downloaded from Flyaway and installed in your FS2004 - in the gauge file also.

Pro Member Trainee
ColinBeckman Trainee

Thanks Fredericia01
I will have a go
I also downloaded a set of Trident aircraft from flyaway HS121 and 3 and 4 with Sared sound files which addeed to aircraft folders
As with the comet I have a dashboard of a cessna and the sounds of prop engines instead of jet sound how do I sort this out.
Im sorry if I sound a bit green which of course I am but I love flight sims and just want to understand wher I go wrong when loading aircraft files.
I even had some trouble with addon scenerywhich do not seem to add even though I have done what is written in the installation files. Some add and some show no files when pressing the OK button. All files downloade are FS2004 files

Thanks for your interest and help in my last post. Much appreciated

ColinBeckman

Pro Member First Officer

ColinBeckman wrote:

Thanks Fredericia01
I will have a go
I also downloaded a set of Trident aircraft from flyaway HS121 and 3 and 4 with Sared sound files which addeed to aircraft folders
As with the comet I have a dashboard of a cessna and the sounds of prop engines instead of jet sound how do I sort this out.
Im sorry if I sound a bit green which of course I am but I love flight sims and just want to understand wher I go wrong when loading aircraft files.
I even had some trouble with addon scenerywhich do not seem to add even though I have done what is written in the installation files. Some add and some show no files when pressing the OK button. All files downloade are FS2004 files

Thanks for your interest and help in my last post. Much appreciated

ColinBeckman

Remove them, and download the ones on David Maltby's page.

Pro Member Trainee
ColinBeckman Trainee

Thanks Mate
The trident was downloaded from his collections. But they still don't work properly and have cessna dashboards and sound.
looks like and not good at this. I do not know what I am doing with all these files.
So I think Ill just call it a day.

Thanks for your help

Colin Beckman

Pro Member Trainee
ColinBeckman Trainee

Hi Fredericia01
I had another go at getting the trident 3 working and have succeeded.
I was putting the DMFS shared files in the DC 3 aircraft folder and not in the main aircraft folder as it was.
The folder contained the jet sounds. I then dowloaded the panel and put the panel folders into the same DMFS folder and now have the correct cockpit.
I have probably made the same mistake on the comet.

Thanks for your support.

ColinBeckman

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...