Can any help, I have flight simulator X standard edition for now, I have watched videos of people starting out with a plane not running and tied down, they do a walk around just as you would in a real situation, how do I get to the point to be able to do this, I enjoy the game but I would like to be able to start from the beginning. Please help
3 Answers
See if this video helps.

I was given the information about the cold and dark start thanks, but I still cant figure out how to do the actual walk around the outside of the aircraft and do my preflight checks.
See if this helps with walk around.
As for pre-flight check, each aircraft would be different.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/34050/active-camera/

Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FSX — recently answered
FSXWhat KMCO scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four freeware FSX KMCO scenery add-ons for Orlando, including gates, parking, jetways…Read answer →FSXIs there an FSX demo, and how can you try it?Download the legacy FSX demo, see what it includes, and fix common installation problems on…Read answer →FSXWhat KLAX scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four KLAX scenery add-ons for FSX: a full airport rebuild, lightweight update, AFCAD…Read answer →FSXHow do I start the PMDG 737 cold and dark in FSX?Start the PMDG 737 NGX cold and dark in FSX with the correct power, IRS, APU, bleed-air, fuel…Read answer →
Chief Captain