Problems with Windows 10?

Pro Member Trainee
Jack G Fowler (jackfromva) Trainee

I recently updated to Windows 10 (Lord, why did I do that?). The only way I can start FSX is to navigate to the program in file manager and start from there. Even the "Pin to Start" feature refuses to put FSX on the list.

When I do get FSX up and running the opening screen extends down below the task bar so I can't click the "Fly Now" button and there is no way to change the size and the resolution selector only gives a single option. I suppose I could use the auto hide option for the task bar but moving the cursor down to the Fly Now button brings up the task bar again.

I'm at a loss.

Thanks to anyone....
Jack

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
RogerB34 Guest

Desktop/FSx shortcut/Rt click/Properties/Compatibility.
Select manually Windows 7.

Pro Member Trainee
Jack G Fowler (jackfromva) Trainee

Thanks - I still have to use "auto hide task bar" even setting compatibility to Win7 but at least I was able to put the FSX icon someplace easier to find.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...