Free FSX Acceleration download?

Jack4574 Guest

Anyone know where I can get the Acceloration extension for FSX perferably as a free download? I jus have the standard FSX Gold edition CD game. Used to have the Acceloration version way back but the disk stopped working before I was able to instal it to a new PC & since Microsoft appears to be very stingy with their games that include extensions like Acceloration people selling them are overpricing them forcing me to resort to replacing it a more basic copy of FSX. Some addons like the F-14 mega pack don't seem to work without Acceloration which is why I'm asking. I would also like to get back the F-18, EH-101 & P-51 & the bonus missions that Acceloration used to have.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
tutanic Guest

Here is the link on archive.org havent tested it yet: https://archive.org/details/fsxdisk1_201908
Deluxe edition + Acceleration, hope you enjoy it.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi there,

I understand your desire to get your hands on FSX Acceleration, especially considering its added features and compatibility with specific add-ons. However, I would like to emphasize that sharing or promoting pirated software is against the forum rules and not something we can endorse.

That said, I do have some suggestions for you to consider:

Purchase a legitimate copy of FSX Acceleration: While it might be more challenging to find a physical copy nowadays, you can still look for reputable sellers offering new or used copies at reasonable prices. Keep an eye on online marketplaces like eBay or Amazon, as sellers occasionally list them at competitive rates.

FSX: Steam Edition: If you're open to transitioning from the disc-based FSX Gold Edition to a digital platform, consider FSX: Steam Edition. It includes the core content and features of the Acceleration expansion pack, such as the F-18, EH-101, P-51, and additional missions. Steam often runs sales on FSX: Steam Edition, and you can get it at a discounted price during those promotional periods.

Alternative add-ons and mods: If obtaining FSX Acceleration proves to be difficult, consider exploring other third-party add-ons and mods for the aircraft and features you're interested in. Many talented developers have created freeware and payware add-ons that can enhance your FSX experience even without the Acceleration expansion pack.

In conclusion, while the desire for free access to FSX Acceleration is understandable, it's essential to respect the intellectual property rights of the developers and adhere to the forum guidelines. I hope the suggestions above help you find a solution that works for you while supporting the flight simulation community.

Happy flying!

kral dodo Guest

hi good luck

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...