FSX-SE will not open.

Pro Member Trainee
sterk03 Trainee

So just this last week unable to open the FSX-SE through steam. It goes to the startup screen and then disapears?  I see the beta version is out but I tried installing that and I get the DLL error do not click on it or might corrupt the computer??? So now not sure what version of FSX I have but neither seemed to open for some reason. Not an expert to steam but can I download FSX-SE standard version somewhere and see if that helps?  I don't want to lose any items from my present FSX setup though?  Any assistance on getting FSX-SE to open would be great?

Sterk03

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
jb30284 Trainee

Have you tried running it as administrator?

Pro Member Trainee
jb30284 Trainee

Just another suggestion is that I never use the steam buttons to lauch FSX, I have created a shortcut that I pin in my taskbar. What this does is it accesses FSX directly from where it is on your computer vs. using steams launcher. Have you tried going to your FSX folder and clicking on the FSX.exe to see if it launches correctly? (I also have my shortcut set up to launch fsx as an administrator). I can kind of walk you through it if you need help.

Mark sternat Guest

Yes have tried launching all of your suggestions. A few days later launched FSX-Se just like before no problem so not sure what the problem was but as I go forward will maybe figure it out.

thanks

mark

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...