Download for AFCAD2?

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

So does anyone have the download link for AFCAD 2? Everytime I do a search for it I find plenty of files created using it, but never the actual program. Thanks in advance!

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

thanks a bunch TTT, saved me a lot of time.

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

What's the deal with the AFCAD's?? How difficult are they to mess with. If one is not a guru should one attempt to modify existing or add AFCADS? I hear that great and irreparable harm could be done if it is majorly screwed up due to inexperienced usership. True?

Last edited by George (OrlandoGeorge) on Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You can make your own AFCAD and replace the "original" but keep the original safe until your certain that you like the one you made.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Its very easy once you have look at it(start off with a small airport and just add some extra parking)you can add taxiways and just areas of tarmac if you want
With it you can import more realistic parking at major airports via d/loading a ready built Afcad

Also very handy if you have added some airport scenery only to see aircraft parking inside buildings 🙄 just open up the afcad and drag the offending parking slot back a little bit

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Thanks fellows, --Here comes the idiotic question for this thread, ..how does one open up and access the AFCAD for an individual airport. Similar to what TTT said, I have downl'd an awesome airport and there remain only the same few parking spots with a wide open space to fill w/AI traffic that would be far and away more realistic let alone interesting. 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Open AFCAD program, click open airport click on From Specific File and navigate to where your .bgl file is for your particular airport. Don't forget to 'Save As' when finished.

NateKU Guest

I realize this is not a VA board, but I Saw John from VUAL posting up above and wanted to know if he knew, or anyone else in here knew what has happened to Virtual United Airlines. Please email me any responses to NATEKU@aol.com

Thank you in advance for your help

gazpode_l@yahoo.com Guest

I downloaded one of the files on the link TT gave us. But it says what program should I open it with. Which one?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...