Boeing 7E7 (787)

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

What u people think of this?
Is it the competition tha Boeing has against A-380?

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Could be, yes. But maybe the competition to the 787 would be de A350. We don't know much about both A350 and 787 yet. Just a little information.

Pro Member Captain

Yea.

You know about it, i was waiting something about the A-350.
Thats it.
But i don´t know what is going to hapend whit out agood idea.

http://www.sr-71.org/blackbird/06932_small.jpg

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

We will have more information about those aircraft in the next years. It's good to check www.airbus.com and www.boeing.com sometimes. Also, check here http://www.boeing.com/commercial/787family/

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

The 787 will be the A350's competition but the media says that the 787 will be the A380's rival.The media is obiously wrong because the A380's competition will probably be the 7E7 [797 not 787]. The 797 is still a prototype but it looks very similar to the 747 but the only difference is, is that it has an entire upper deck [I've seen a pic of the prototype and it looks revolting].

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

I think Boeing is being smart about the 787. They aren't making it extremely big like the A380 and why would they? It is hard to fill most airliners now for flights, I don't see why they would need to make a plane like the A380 when it will be many years down the road before the thing will ever been at capacity for transporting, unless a bunch of rich people pay to be on the first flight.

Pro Member Captain

FL050 wrote:

I think Boeing is being smart about the 787. They aren't making it extremely big like the A380 and why would they? It is hard to fill most airliners now for flights, I don't see why they would need to make a plane like the A380 when it will be many years down the road before the thing will ever been at capacity for transporting, unless a bunch of rich people pay to be on the first flight.

Ok. yes
Thats what i mean, boeing vs. Airbus, always competition:

May be the A-380 is big, very big, but for something, need!, cause is for use; i you saw, the A-380 buyers, are many, and many of them are sud-east ASIA airliners. nOT ALL BUT MANY:

tHE FAOMOUS "GOLD DOCEN"
139 REQUESTS FOR a-380

--AIR fRANCE: 10+4 OPCIONS
--MALASYA: 6
--EMIRATES: 4
--Qantas (Australia): 12+2 Opcions
--Etihad(Arabian Emirates: 4 Opcions
--Singapore: 10+15 Opcions
--Thai Airways: 6 Opcions
--ILFC: 5
--UPS: 10+10 Opcions
--Korean Air: 5+3 Opcions
--Lufthansa: 15
--Virgin Atlantic Airways: 6+6 Opcions
--QATAR Airways: 2+2 Opcions

Pro Member Captain

JVD wrote:

The 787 will be the A350's competition but the media says that the 787 will be the A380's rival.The media is obiously wrong because the A380's competition will probably be the 7E7 [797 not 787]. The 797 is still a prototype but it looks very similar to the 747 but the only difference is, is that it has an entire upper deck [I've seen a pic of the prototype and it looks revolting].

I´m sorry u are wrong this time about the 7E7;}
i checked and so...

"THE 7E7 IS NOW COLLED 787"

The tradition of other modells are the same.

Matching with the signature of a buy number of 60 opcions, done by a group of six chinese companies, wich value (7.200) millon us dollars; Boeing has anaunces the final denomination for the 7E7, which recived the designation 787.
The buys are:
56 planes and 135 opcions (10 variants)

Sorry Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Captain

oops Embarassed

I have not seen anything about the so called "797" you are talking about. Boeing is thinking about doing a 747ADV using the technologies from the 787 and incorporating it into the 747. Then there are also talks of a new 737 with the 787 technology. (Bleedless engines, composites etc.)

The 787 is designed to replace the aging 767's and 757's. It can also serve as a replacement for the A300. It uses 20-30% less fuel than a similarly sized airplane and maintence is much cheaper also.

Boeing did not create the 787 to be an alternative to any airbus plane. They created it to replace older planes, and to open new routes. The 787-9 will have range of 8200nm. With lower fuel costs, and cheaper maintence, this plane will be able to connect cities that have never had service between them before. If I recall correctly, Air New Zealand will use them on routes such as AKL-DEN.

The A350 is just an A330 with some new engines put on it. Only 10 orders have been announced for it, and it looks like it will be a real flop. Boeing on the other hand is well over 200 orders and the first prototype hasnt even been built yet.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I downloaded the 797 off of some website. It looks exactly like the Airbus A340 to me.

Pro Member Captain

I spent hours and eventually found a plane called the 797. It's got to be the worst looking plane i've ever seen.

I'll look for the 797 or what ever it is called and show you a pic.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Here you go.

Last edited by Matthew Shope (mypilot) on Sun May 08, 2005 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain

No, thats not what it looks like.

Here's a link with some pics of what it may look like:
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/6139/a380-rival-797-and-original-787/#32327

Pro Member Chief Captain

😂 I've been reading that post.

That picture is of the Sonic Cruiser. Somebody just slapped 797 on to it. That project was scrapped back in the late 90's and the some of the technology used on it morphed into todays 787. The first shot (The in game picture) is of the MD-12. The MD-12 was a concept MD was working on before it went under.

Pro Member Captain

Of course but what else could they call the next boeing. So the person who slapped on 797 probably took a gues that it would be called that.

Pro Member Captain

Well coud be, but i heard about the B-797; the problem is thar boeing is already working with one aircraft the B-787(now colled).
So if they are busy with that projet, they don´t need somethin else for the moment.
I heard that Boeing is a good enterprise bussines dealer, so the have to wait for buyers, and then lounch a second offer in this case the B-797.

Of course is going to be a B-797 no doude of it, but for build an airplane, it´s needed at least 10 years, so they can be planing a second searies comercial aircraft, as well Airbus, and, many other airplane enterprisses.
MY POINT OF view. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

The 787 will likely trump the big Airbus over the long haul of time because of the one single thing that is at the utmost in the aviation industry. Fuel economy. Pure and simple. I think the venture into the gigantic that airbus made will find a market, but it will be a market that is much smaller than has been anticipated. Just like the Lockheed L10-11. The niche is to specialized. The cost of fuel will go up and that is as great a reason as any not to go big at this time. I think the Airbus is the to equivalent of a modern day Waterloo.

-All aside I say let the best man or idea or plane win.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...