Other paint scheme's not working for F14B

Pro Member Trainee
GrissleFactory Trainee

I downloaded the 2004 Grumman F-14B Tomcat and installed just as the directions indicated but can only get one choice of the color scheme (the blueish grey one). What do I do to fix?

Thanks

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Here is a great tutorial on installing textures, let us know how you do. Read

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
GrissleFactory Trainee

Well the textures sets were already in the file I downloaded (like 3 different ones).

They talk about the aircraft.cfg file which tells the windows menu in the game which planes are available in the drop down menu's. I checked this file and all three planes are accounted for in the .cfg file.

It still doesn't work.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You must have the "Jolly Roger", I have that. We've discussed this before.
If the other paint jobs choices aren't in the drop down, check and be sure they are in the folder.
If not reinstall it and be sure to use the 2004 one.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
GrissleFactory Trainee

I do know they are in there.......they should all be in the same texture file correct?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Without looking there usually are separate folders in the downloaded folder for each texture.
Then you place the entire folder into the main aircraft folder.
With the exception of gauges, effects etc, whatever the read-me would say.

Check and see if they are in the F-14 folder.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

You should have 4 differant textures in the F-14B folder within your Aircraft folder not all in one texture folder

0 texture (long range interceptor)
1 texture.32 (VF32 Swordsman)
2 texture.103 (VF103 Jolyrodgers)
3 texture.102 (VF102 Diamondbacks)

Check the CFG to make sure they are numbered correctly ie 0-3.

Does that help?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...