Great "Bush Flyers" Flight

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I thought I would just mention this great little flight I just took, as many of you other GA pilots might like to try it and enjoy it as much as I just did.

Set your simulator to mid-day, winter with clouds at 8,000 and medium visibility. You will need an amphibious aircraft, the default Cessna Caravan is fine, as part of this trip requires landing on water.

You don’t need any addon scenery, as the default mesh and textures round here are awesome, but I suggest using VOZ ( www.vistaoz.org ) as it enhances your flight environment world wide.

Start at Orca Island (KORS) take off, and head east towards the Washington Mainland, passing over the south of Bellingham City (which will be to your left) continue into the hills eastwards, as you pass over Acme Field and see a large snow capped mountain directly in front of you. Circle the mountain until you are right at the top, and admire the view below, before starting your descent to the North over the Canadian border. Aim for Chilliwack (CYCW) and as you approach it from the south, continue North over the river, in between two hills to an inland lake where you can land and taxi over to the island in the middle for a rest.

Now take back off, and find your own path back towards the USA border to Bellingham, then Orca Island heading at about 187 degrees and land back where you started.

This flight took me about 1 hour and 25 minutes in my Maule at an average speed of 140 kias.

If you enjoy it, take some screenshots and post them here 😉

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Thanks for sharing your flight leg with us Cheeky 👍 I have never flown to or in New Zealand since I have had Flight Simulator 95, 98 and 04 Poke in Eye I think its next on the list! 😉

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Glad to hear you took the maule out 😉 . It really is a great mountain aircraft, I love flying it up in the pacific Northwest (in the sims). I'll probalby take this flight in my new C206 from carenado tomorow. Thanks for the tip!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Thanks for sharing your flight leg with us Cheeky 👍 I have never flown to or in New Zealand since I have had Flight Simulator 95, 98 and 04 Poke in Eye I think its next on the list! 😉

Psst his fight is in the north west of the US. Wink

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

That route I described above is really only half of the journy, because after I posted this thread, I went back to Orca Bay and took off again, heading west this time untill I reached the Pacific Ocean. You guys should try it too, there are lots more islands and mountains and quite a few landable lakes on the peninsular above Peguot Sound (I don't think that is spelt right) which make a great adventure 😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...