FSX - Shift_Enter and Shift_Backspace Don't Work ??

Pro Member Trainee
Bob Gregory (rafferty5268) Trainee

FS9 and previous allow one to lower or heighten the horizon above the combing of the intruments panel e.g. see the ground in a climb to flight level etc.
Trying to do this in FSX produces no shift of screen and angle of cimb view at all. Tried it on three different FSX aircraft and it's very irritating.
Is this a bug - surely not in a new tried release??
Anyone - please - have a comment to make on this apparent shortfall?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

The key command might have changed.

This might be useful:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1333/fsx-controls-keyboard-commands/

😉

Pro Member Trainee

Thanks for the URLs of key-strokes. They confirm that Shift_Enter and Shift_Backspace are still the same commands for FSX as they were on FS9.
However - sadly - whilst on FS9 they work just fine, on FSX they simply have no effect whatsoever. That alone is ample reason to make me incensed with Micosoft for this parody of a flight simulator

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

rafferty5268 wrote:

Thanks for the URLs of key-strokes. They confirm that Shift_Enter and Shift_Backspace are still the same commands for FSX as they were on FS9.
However - sadly - whilst on FS9 they work just fine, on FSX they simply have no effect whatsoever. That alone is ample reason to make me incensed with Micosoft for this parody of a flight simulator

Which cockpit view are you in? If you are in the 2-D view, you didn't look at the bottom of page 10 of FSX Insider information, and owe MS an apology.

Pro Member Trainee

Dear CRASH GORDON !

Thanks and I'll be very happy to be wrong.
I've gone looking for a 'Page 10' in FSX Insider Information and drawn a blank.
Please - I'll be grateful - could you direct me to the relevant URL or alternatively tell me what it says.
FYI, my view when the angle of attack view doesn't alter is 'Cockpit' not 'Virtual Cockpit' - i.e. the same as I always use in FS9 when the Shift_Enter & Shift_Backspace commands function happily.

Thank you

rafferty5268

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

CTRL+Q CTRL+SHIFT+Q

Pro Member Trainee

Thank you !!

Best wishes

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

Shift+Enter & Shift+Bacjspace move your sear forward and back in FSX. It moves in small incriments, and is a rather nice feature - or so I think

DavidDGFly Guest

The command unfortunately only works in virtual cockpit and maybe in other views, but not in the useful cockpit. It is a shame, as you said, FSX is a paroty, I'm still thiking that fs9 is the best.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...