Will Tupolev Tu-154M from IGFly work in FSX?

Pro Member Trainee
FireX Trainee

Hello! Has anyone tried the Tupolev Tu-154M from IGFly in Flight Simulator X? Does it work? If it doesn't, is there a way to make it work? Is there a better (free) version of it? I am planning to buy it, but found no way to find out if it will work in FSX. Thank you in advance!

Here is a link to the site: http://www.igfly.com/

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It'll probably fly but the chances are that the gauges won't work in FSX.

Try a free 2004 if you like until a FSX version comes out.

http://www.fsx.nu/modules.php?name=PremierDownloads&d_op=search&query=

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
FireX Trainee

Thank you for your reply.

Now a really stupid question. What exactly are gauges? Are we talking about the flight instruments? I don't think I ever had them not working on me, so how would that work? Would they not show up in the 3d cockpit? in the 2d cockpit? Or have i gotten everything completely wrong?

Again I apologize for the stupid question, but English is not my first language.

Thank you

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

FireX wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

Now a really stupid question. What exactly are gauges? Are we talking about the flight instruments? I don't think I ever had them not working on me, so how would that work? Would they not show up in the 3d cockpit? in the 2d cockpit? Or have i gotten everything completely wrong?

Again I apologize for the stupid question, but English is not my first language.

Thank you

Yes the panel instruments.
It seems that one of the main problems using 2004 aircraft in FSX is that none of them work.
Some pay-ware from 2004 will get new (FSX) gauges free, other charge while some will never update.
Carenado is giving a free update to all their aircraft but they make GA not airliners like you want.

He http://samdimdesign.free.fr/ makes some of the best Russian aircraft but so far none are FSX.
You could email him and ask.

I hope I helped, if not ask what you want.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
FireX Trainee

Thank you for all your help so far. I did end up purchasing the tu-154m, and I get an error in FSX:

"Would you like to designate this module(E:\Games\FSX\GAUGES\Tu154MBase.GAU) as 'trusted' software?
Select Yes to automatically load this software whenever you start Flight Simulator.
Select No to load this software for this session only"

This happens twice. The second file name is Tu154M.GAU

I click yes, and FSX Crashes. I have also upgraded to FSX service pack 1, and now instead of crashing it just hangs. Someone has suggested on another website with the same problem to replace the gauges with gauges from another plane. would that work? How would I know if they are compatible?

Is there anything that can be done to fly?

Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you know what gauge it is go to the gauge folder or do a search and remove it so the Sim won't crash.
As for SP1, you should completely clean out FSX from your machine, including the registry and then reinstall it.
Put SP1 in and then add what you want.

Defrag before and after installation.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
FireX Trainee

Thank you very much for all your help. I removed the gauge, but then the screen appeared to be squished. At this point I have given up and got a refund. I would like to ask you tho one last question. And that is what can one do in theory to remove the squished screen. I was using the su-27 models from alphasim and it caused that as well. I would love to figure out a way to fix it. By squashed I mean there is a big black bar that covers the bottom of the screen, and the rest is squished into the top half.

Thank you!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's a 2004 version so that must be the problem.
If you don't have it with other aircraft that are made for FSX then it was as I said a 2004 problem.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
FireX Trainee

Again thank you for all your help! I have found a solution to the squashed screen (at least for alphasim planes). Perhaps it will help others.

Here's a link to the solution

http://www.alphasim3.com/forums/index.php?topic=1996.0

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Great!

Thanks for the link and post some screenshots later if you like.
Enjoy!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...