Why wont any of my downloads work

Pro Member Trainee
smileyone Trainee

Is there an idiots guide to downloading? What password do I use when unzipping files. Thanks to any one who can help

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

smileyone wrote:

Is there an idiots guide to downloading? What password do I use when unzipping files. Thanks to any one who can help

You don't need a password to unzip files if you're downloading freeware files from a legitimate source.

Here's a good guide:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

one thing i have learned from the above guys is not to trust the auto installers. do it manually. i have had several problems from auto installers putting things in the wrong places, or just flat out craptastic add-ons that were not prperly done. the best thing one might add to their advice is to be selective about what you install, and how you do it.
free crap is still crap.

Pro Member Trainee
smileyone Trainee

Thanks for all your help everyone - shame someone cant come up with a one-click instal process!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Some free-ware aircraft have it but mostly pay-ware does.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...