change language from French to English

Pro Member Trainee
roelli98 Trainee

We bought a Microsoft Flight Simulator X in French. (We live in Geneva, Switzerland) Is there any way to switch the language of the game from French to English without buying another copy?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

ye get service pack and download the english version that should help www.fsinsider.com

does it work

I got fs2004 (flight simulator 2004) and i want to change language from french
to english.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Not that I've ever heard.

Radar

kevinhonoloulou Guest

Try the English language pack, should help http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8986

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? It doesn't make sense for microsoft not to have packages that allows one to change languages. The idiot in the store in Germany read the back cover and told me I can change the language to english.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there! It appears you're looking for a way to switch the language of your Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) from French to English without purchasing another copy. Unfortunately, as you correctly mentioned, FSX doesn't have a built-in feature to change the language directly.

However, there is a somewhat tricky method you could try, although it's not guaranteed to work. You can attempt to replace specific language files in the FSX directory. These files include language.dll, USEnglishASOS.gvp, and USEnglishBig.gvp among others. You'd need to find these files from an English version of FSX and replace the corresponding files in your French installation.

1. Locate the FSX installation folder. This is typically found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X or a similar path.
  2. Create a backup of the original language files (in French) just in case you need to revert.
  3. Replace the French language files with the English ones you've managed to acquire.
  4. Restart FSX and check if the language has been changed to English.

Please note that finding these English language files can be quite challenging as FSX is an older simulator, and sharing these files may not be allowed by the end-user license agreement. Moreover, using files from untrusted sources could pose risks to your computer.

Your best bet would be to either find a copy of FSX in English online or purchase the Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition which supports multiple languages, including English, and offers some enhancements over the original version.

Regarding Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020, the situation is much more straightforward. MSFS 2020 has built-in support for multiple languages, which can be easily changed within the sim's settings without the need for replacing any files.

I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck with your flight simming adventures! If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Safe skies!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...