Sim Cockpits...

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Anyone out there considering building a cockpit for your sim? Rather than sitting behind the desk, I've been kicking around the idea of building a generic cockpit where I can position the various controllers where I like and get a bit more realism with guages, seating, switches, lighting, and all that cool stuff.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

I'd love to have that sort of set up in a garage , wouldn't be all that expensive using painted egg cartons and stuff and a few monitors, only problem...dont have a garage...or any room for that matter...

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

I'm thinking something much smaller on the scale of a Beech Baron, or the like. I've been drawing up some designs on google sketch up and my idea is to go with a modular design, so I'd start with the pilot's side and throttle quadrant section then add a co pilot side at a later date. Kinda like model railroaders do, each member builds a module then it all comes together, but can be operated individualy. At this stage, I'm basicaly building the front left quarter of a generic twin with half panel left side and the centre console section as one stand alone unit. I'm going to build the basic structure out of 3/4 MDF andgo from there. I have the CH Yoke, Rudders, and Quadrant and will incorporate them into my design. I've got some old aircraft items like trim wheels, instruments, a seat and switches. I'm planning on adding them although not funtional, for the atmosphere.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...