How to set up trim up/down and/or pitch up/down on joystick

Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

I'd like to set the trim/up and/or pitch up/down on a rotating button on the throttle control (saitek x52 controller system). If I go into the control options, I can not set it up to be on one of the rotating buttons..only allows me to select buttons. I would prefer the rotating button so I can easy adjust it slowly by rotating...how can I do that?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

Brettxw wrote:

I'd like to set the trim/up and/or pitch up/down on a rotating button on the throttle control (saitek x52 controller system). If I go into the control options, I can not set it up to be on one of the rotating buttons..only allows me to select buttons. I would prefer the rotating button so I can easy adjust it slowly by rotating...how can I do that?

Well usually when the joystick doesn't let you set something, you can usually set it in the keys options in fsx.

Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

truckernick wrote:

Brettxw wrote:

Well usually when the joystick doesn't let you set something, you can usually set it in the keys options in fsx.

Ya, thats the problem though. I want don't want to have to use the keyboard to set the trim and/or pitch.

Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

First of all the X52 Joystick doesn't have rotating knobs except the ( Mode Select ) next the Fire A button 😕 If you mean the Rotaries on the Throttle it could be done but not worth the effort.

Why not assign them to one of the HAT Switches. That can be done either through key assignment in FSX or Saitek software. ➡ Software being the best way and also creates a profile.

If you want to do in in fsx control buttons and keys.

Double click on [ Trim up ] your cursor will flash in the box. Push up on the [ Hat Switch ] of choice, you will see the button # appear in the box, click OK. Continue with the rest the same way up down left right..........

Last edited by Accelor on Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

Accelor wrote:

First of all the X52 Joystick doesn't have rotating knobs except the ( Mode Select ) next the Fire A button 😕 If you mean the Rotaries on the Throttle it could be done but not worth the effort.

Why not assign them to one of the HAT Switches. That can be done either through key assignment in FSX or Saitek software. ➡ Software being the best way and also creates a profile.

Actually, funny you said that because as I was flying yesterday it hit me to assign it to one of the hat switches. Even though this x52 joystick sucks and is having problems!! GR

Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

Brettxw wrote:

Accelor wrote:

Actually, funny you said that because as I was flying yesterday it hit me to assign it to one of the hat switches. Even though this x52 joystick sucks and is having problems!! GR

One of the best STICK out their. You just have to learn how to set it up.

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

Brettxw wrote:

truckernick wrote:

Brettxw wrote:

Ya, thats the problem though. I want don't want to have to use the keyboard to set the trim and/or pitch.

No i mean, you don't have to use the keyboard if you set it in the keys options.
Like when i play other driving or flying games and i can't set the key on the joystick, i can usually set it in the keys for the joystick.
Like once set it will say like joy 1 or something of hat you have i set to.

Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

Accelor wrote:

Brettxw wrote:

Accelor wrote:

You may think its the best. I've gone through two of them already. Both had the SAME issue. The lights on the joystick would flicker and become very dull then pop up to being bright. Saitek so far has been nothing but junk with my experience. And trying to get help from them, thats another story.

Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

Brettxw wrote:

Accelor wrote:

Brettxw wrote:

Accelor wrote:

You may think its the best. I've gone through two of them already. Both had the SAME issue. The lights on the joystick would flicker and become very dull then pop up to being bright. Saitek so far has been nothing but junk with my experience. And trying to get help from them, thats another story.

I said one of the best not THE. And you can addjust the brightness in the control panel. The fiickering lights are usualy from loose cable connection.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...