Time for one more question the trim movement on the joystick.

Pro Member Trainee
sterk03 Trainee

I set up the joystick and assigned a button for the trim to move. It will move the trim on the aircraft like elevator very slowly and takes a long time to get any movement...but eventually the trim comes out and it goes back to to trim so I'm constantly trimming the aircraft?  Where am I going wrong?  Where is the best place to find this answer or others in MSFS2020 so I'm not posting all the time...the manual???

Thanks,

Sterk03

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
jb30284 Trainee

In RW flight you are contstantly adjusting your trim. The AP (Autopilot) takes a lot of this on, but, depending on the aircraft, this could be a contstant challenge. If you have your settings to ultra real (thermals, winds, etc.) you will contantly have to adjust this. This is just part and parcel for flying. The conditions are always changing, so the trim of your aircraft is always changing. Trim in the RW is meant to take the load off of the pilot by relieving the pressure on the yoke that has to be applied to compensate for the constant changing variables. The idea is to find that happy medium while you are in different stages of flight. Just remember that any change to power, pitch or bank will likely require a change in trim. 

The answer to your question is two fold. If you are using AP, the AP should be adjusting this to maintain straight and level flight, or to maintain altitude while banking. The second part of this requires a little more information about what conditions you are flying in (straight and level, banking, ascent, descent, high/low power, etc.). These all effect trim and its ultimate goal, which is to take the pressure the pilot has to exert off of the yoke as much as possible.

If I had a little more information from you I think I could give you an answer that would better fit.

Pro Member Trainee
sterk03 Trainee

Thanks for the response. Yes I am fully educated in the trim and its use. In FSX you trim an aircraft and not talking about AP on.  But any trim setting you manually put in the sim is rolling it back out and going to to trim. If Im in a climb and constant power and have it trimmed to hold an attitude for speed it will after a minute or so trim right back to to trim and hence the aircraft will descent or climb based on the situation.
In FSX you trim the aircraft and it stay's trimmed ....the trim does not move until you put in a further imput but this is not happening in MS 2020.

So its in the mapping of what I have to trim it with or its being over controlled by some selection I'm not aware of and I'm new to MS2020
so I must be missing a control or selection or newbie switch is selected I do not want. Aircraft  type does not matter flight attitude does not matter it will roll back to T.O. setting or that is what its indicating.  

Thanks for your input.

Sterk03

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...