FSX SUDDENLY SHUTS DOWN?

Pro Member Trainee
markrem Trainee

While I have been trying to resolve other problems with setting up multiple screens (refer previous Thread), I now find after setting up the views on the separate monitors for a few minutes FSX program completely shuts down and has to be restarted. Can anyone throw some light on this issue. 😕

I operate with I7 processor, 64bit, 8 gig RAM, 2 x GTX 250 video cards.
Mark

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

One of the main reasons for it to shut down is overheating.
Cleaning the dust out of the fans (including the video cards) would help.
Be sure you have a big enough power supply for that many items in the machine that eat up power.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
markrem Trainee

Thanks for the suggestion Radarman. However I have a number of fans operating on both on the video cards and the PC box and it doesn't feel too warm around the back of the PC. The power supply is already a fairly hefty one at 800Watt. But I'll check it out for dust give it another go.
Thanks again for your reply.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You have a sufficient p/s but you can't tell if it's overheating just by feel.
Clean it out and I hope that should do it.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

Check your Event Log for clues.

Pro Member Trainee
markrem Trainee

I'm a bit confused with this though, as you would think the whole PC would shut down with heat issues. In this case it's just the FSX program only.
😕

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

markrem wrote:

I'm a bit confused with this though, as you would think the whole PC would shut down with heat issues. In this case it's just the FSX program only.
😕

Not necessarily.

Games and programs like FSX use a lot of memory. Which in return, causes your computer to run harder.

If the computer can't handle it because it's not getting sufficient airflow to run processes that use so much memory, it'll shut the program down.

Flyboy92

Pro Member Trainee
markrem Trainee

Many thanks for your comments and advice. I will certainly make sure it is clean and install another fan just in case.
Mark

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...