FSX immediately shuts down after loading aircraft

Pro Member Trainee
CalleB Trainee

Hallo again everyone. I just received the Wilco Airbus series v.1 and v.2. After chosing one of these new addon-Airbus aircrafts, FSX immediately shuts down. Nothing more happens. It just quits.

I'm using Vista, and I have My Traffic X installed.

Why is this happening? Someone else who have had the same shutdown problem related to an addon?

Thanks! 😛

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It seems to me that unless you have the DELUXE version you'll have compatibility issues as the old version is for FS2004. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place, have a look at these two pages:

http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod_airbus1

http://secure.simmarket.com/wilco-airbus-series-vol-1-deluxe.phtml

Pro Member Trainee
CalleB Trainee

Thank you for answering. I have the deluxe version, and i managed to fix the problem by removing fmgc.cfg from the FSX/FeelThere/Airbus/FMGC/[ac]... Now i can load the aircraft, but other problems emerge: for example, some panels (e.g. pressing shift+2) are totally black and i can't bank the wings. That is, i can't turn the aircraft manually, and i can't use all of the cockpit's functions, which is rather boring...

Someone have any clue why my panels mess with me or why i can't turn with the aircraft (i don't have the NumLock activated).

I have a similar problem with my FSX as well. The program shuts down unexpectedly, but it’s when I either load a flight or select a takeoff location. I can’t seem to fix this or anything. Can you help me out?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...