Hard Drive Cleaner.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

😎 I just saw this in a newsletter that I've been getting for 5 or more years.
Its a "hard drive cleaner", it's supposed to get rid of all the "junk" that accumulates on the drive, Yeah right.
I thought I would give it a try (by the way it's free not a timed demo).
Just last night I ran MS's "disk cleaner" and rid myself of the "things" it's supposed to help with. I also dumped all but one (the last) of my "system restore points" I keep it at 3%.
To make a long story short, I downloaded the small version as the directions stated and I'll be...after it finished using their settings I had another 500mb free. That's a lot of junk for someone who keeps a clean computer.
I thought I'd let you all know. I don't guarantee it but so far everything works.
Proceed at your own risk as usual. No, No!

If you use it post how much that it cleaned up on your computer.

http://www.spazmatic.net/partners/ccleaner/

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
ronaldpatton Trainee

They got anything that will clean my office? 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Horse My what a mucky pc you have ROFL
Im a sucker for this type of prog but as you say use with care Rules

From the default setting I would untick the "autocomplete form history" otherwise you will loose any saved passwords etc,other than that I like it.
It found just under 1mb of trash on my pc including over 30 registry issues
👍 Radar
Ps I've allways wanted to use that horse

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

My PC is 2½ years old and I guess it had built up that Horse over that period of time.
A few of my friends tried it since last night and they both dumped a little under 125mb each. Yes
Your point about the "autocomplete form history" is well taken, I used it and have entered all of my passwords again, no big deal if you remember them.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

Be very carful with those "cleaners"...

I once used one (sure, freeware) that required a total system re-install.

Watch what you delete! Especially duplicate files.

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

The maid keeps mine clean......... 😛 😛 😛

I am running XP and all I do is delete Temp. Internet files to clear up my H/D.....Seems to do good for me...But my puter is new and I try to stay away from downloads...I have a rooftop Sat. for internet,,,Live far out in the country,so I use the latest Norton for safety....

Also my system will rearange my hard-drive to keep it fast........

Thanks for the tip though RadarMan....Now....Send me that copy of Ultimate Traffic......LOL Good day to ya......Mason

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...