OH BOY...NEED HELP BAD

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

Hey guys I am having trouble with my sim. So today 12/13 my FSNAV trial ended and so I thought I should get rid off the files to get my space back since I now have no need for it. Well...Big mistake, When I did so I permenatly deleted the files and now when I start up my FS9 it says that "Microsoft Games\Flight simulator 9\MODULES\ABLSCPT.DLL' file is missing or damaged. Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair the file."

What do I do? If I do infact have to reinstall my sim then is there a way to back up my scenery sound, gauge,aircraft and so on folders and then put them into reinstalled sim again?

Thanks in advance

-Nick

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer

radar you are my hero but apparently it is missing more files Crying or Very sad no I need the ACONTAIN.DLL

WAIT Radar could I just reinstall my sim on my other comp and host the DLL. Files on a site (Like the one that you used) and then transfer them and put them onto my good comp? 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That would be an excellent idea. You'll have everything you need in case other problems show up.
You could also put them on a CD and transfer them.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

thanks a bunch radar!

Pro Member First Officer

Hey Radar I need your help or someones help again. I got my sim back into working condition but when I go to fly my joystick is inactive. My autopilot is off, I have my enable Joystick on, I calibrated it and even then its was slow, I checked my fps (20, It locked) and it responds but it does a delay response! any help would be awesome!

-Nick

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Shut off the computer.
Unplug the stick and restart the computer.
Delete the software for the stick.
Go to devise manager and delete the stick.
Shut down the computer.
Plug the stick back in.
Restart the computer again.
Let Windows find the stick (hardware).
Reinstall the software.
Recalibrate in the sim.

Let us know how that works.

Radar

all you need to dois change the compatabilty of the fs2004.exe to windows 98, in the properties.. should work then.

Hope this helps

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...