New Website for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

MSFS has a new website that some may not know about. It will replace the old one soon. It has a different address than the original. There's a Tweak section that tells you how to edit the aircraft configuration file to acheive some cool effects or change certain items within the program. 😎

http://fsinsider.com/

Last edited by CRJCapt on Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Nice and modern view site ❗ .Thaks for the info 😉

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Thanks for the new website link, it's about time that they upgraded it. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I admit that at this stage I've only looked at the 'Tweaks' page. http://fsinsider.com/support/tweaks_faq.htm -- but just have a look at it: Why do they purposely complicate matters?? Reading through the procedure of how to access the fs9.cfg you just get the feeling that they do not want you to view the hidden files and folders 😳 What's the big deal??

Reading through the FAQ sheet, one gets the impression that the authors of that 'Masterpiece' had to wait until they had gathered all the info from various forums around the globe - what I'm saying is... haven't we ourselves already figured all that stuff out by asking, erring and speculating?

And now MS prints it up all nicely on their madeover site Evil or Very Mad

Where are the voices screaming out PLAGIARISM now...???

As mentioned, this is my first impression - but be assured I'll be doing some more scrutinizing and poking around 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

😳

Tones of bricks to them... 🍅 🍅 🍅

You must not be a critic in your life..You will destroy them.. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
HardLanding First Officer

At least it shows some life at the FS department of Microsoft after so many months when their site has been dormant. I was glad to see the "pan in 2D view" tweak. I didn't know about that one.

HL

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

I was interested to see a page for job listings on FS insider. Maybe a clue that there will be another FS?

http://fsinsider.com/jobs.htm

Pro Member First Officer
HardLanding First Officer

If not a completely new version, maybe a FS9.2.

HL

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...