A Quick Review Of New Toys

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

Hi all...Have been real busy this weekend...Getting pool ready to open...Ugggggg Drain and acid wash....Big job....Anyhow.......

I did find time to install and play some...........

Real Scene is awsome......It seems to add about ,,lets say 40 % realism to scenery....Brings out colors,textures,and great lights at night...Mountains are now worth a low fly over to check out the now vieable canyons and details....They are really cool now....

Ultimate Traffic is a little time consueming to set up...But it is also cool...I set up lots of old airlines that I flew in days gone by....Delta...Piedmont...Continental....and added lots of Fed Ex and US Air...Now planes are everywhere....In the air and at the airports....My first take off was from Charlotte Douglass in Charlotte NC,,and while waiting for clearence from tower,,planes were everywhere landing...All approaches were busy,and the radio never shut up....lol Oh,,while watching a US Air on final,,another one showed up beside it and landed on the grass beside the runway.... 🙄 🙄 Don't get that one yet..It was a large jet...Go figure....But it does seem to have effect on my video card..Lots of flicker at busy airports..Perhaps I can adjust it some but have not tried yet.......

The Flying Fortress is a little cheesy...The flights seem to be corrupt..They seem to have their own weather...Fogged in....lol so for now I uninstalled it.....

The feature I downloaded to take Air shots,,forgot the name...ScreenHunter I think is cool...But will only take one pic during a flight now..Will try to figure that out soon too......But I did get some J Peg pics of my Lear...Now to figure out how to post them....

And my Twin Otter Which has the floats and all the cool stuff I wanted,,four versions for water including my fav,,The Catalina was a mistake...Seems it's for 2002 .......My fault in ordering I think....Will look into it though...But it seems I bought one I can't use....

Hmmmmm...Anyone usinf 2002 that wants this....?????????

Must go now,,kids will be getting up soon...More to come soon I hope as I get more time to play.......Mason

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sounds like a mixed bag but mostly good. I'm pleased that you like Ultimate Traffic and the Scenery must be spectacular.
I had some troubles with the screen capture also but now it takes as many shots as I can press.
I'll upload a screen shot of what mine looks like so you can copy.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks RadarMan...

Hmmmm Mine looks diferent than yours....Think my version is 4.1...Mine has a lot more options on your second display......But no place that sets no. of pics to take..... Sometimes it takes a pic,,and other times not....Go figure...Just my luck....lol

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Umm... Mine's 4.0, strange we got it from the same place at the same time. I wonder if you didn't get a demo or shareware and I got the "free" one.

Pro Member First Officer

Shrugs.....Beats me.........I think mine is a Demo....... 🙄

Stands to resaon that mine is the oddball........Geeeesssseeee Only happens to me I tell Ya....lol Mason

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...