Air Berlin

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

Planning to fly to Heathrow tonight but i need the AirBerlins HUB or there main airport. Anybody know? I belive they flyu into heathrow, anyway just post back here, if you can tell me hoiw much feul i need in percent and how long the flight takes,(im using FsPassengers)
Looking for a quick reply,
Beerbadger

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

http://www.airberlin.com/prepage.php

Berlin-Tegel is the home airport of Air Berlin, but it is by no means the only starting point in Germany

I'll find out flight details for you now 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

From Berlin-Tegel to London Heathrow...

EDDT Berlin Tegel -- EGLL London Heathrow

Distance: 516 nm

Flight Plan (if you want it): EDDT BRANE GUGSU HLZ DLE ROBEG OSN AMSAN ETEBO RKN PAM EKROS VALKO GORLO REFSO XAMAN LOGAN EGLL

Flight Time: 1 hrs 32 mins (in a jet)

What aircraft are you flying. Need to know that to work out fuel 😀

Hope that helps 😉

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

PMDG 737-700 the AB dreamliner, jolegg thanks for the help.

Pro Member Chief Captain

No problem 😉

In the left and right tank, you'll need 64% and in the middle tank you'll need 45% 😉

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

thank you so much

Pro Member Chief Captain

Your welcome 😉

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

can i have the overall percent o feul i need?

Pro Member Chief Captain

57.6% of the total fuel capacity is needed 😉

Sico2 Guest

Isn't EDDN the home airport and the main base of AB? Lived in Berlin near EDDG for several years and haven't seen any AB B737 staying for night, repairing or what so ever?

Sico2 Guest

I ment EDDT/TXL, sorry.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

99jolegg wrote:

No problem 😉

In the left and right tank, you'll need 64% and in the middle tank you'll need 45% 😉

Wow, that's impressive. Would you mind telling me how you work out how much fuel is needed (with the correct ammount of reserves) for each aircraft? Also, why do you put less fuel in the middle tank?

Thanks in advance!

Pro Member Chief Captain

😂 Sounds clever but it really isn't. Basically, I made a flightplan from the airport requested to the other airport, and looked at the fuel required. I multiplied this by 4, (a rough measure of taxiing fuel, extra fuel for alternate airports, plus emergency fuel, plus a little bit more because FS flightplan underestimates fuel) to get the fuel needed. Then you divide this number by the number of fuel tanks and enter it into the fuel planner in pounds. This will then show up a percentage. The reason the middle tank is carrying less fuel, is because it has a higher capacity, so when you put the same amount of fuel in pounds in each tank, the percentage differs slightly. Its pretty unorthodox, but seems to work fairly accurately for me 😉

Hope that helps 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

Sico2 wrote:

Isn't EDDN the home airport and the main base of AB? Lived in Berlin near EDDG for several years and haven't seen any AB B737 staying for night, repairing or what so ever?

I haven't a clue but this link suggests not Dont Know

http://www.airberlin.com/prepage.php

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

So you bring four times the required fuel! Wow, I never guessed you would bring that much. If FS Navigator hadn't underestimated fuel how much would you bring? 3 times as much?

Thanks for the help by the way...

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well four times the fuel suggested is a fair bit more than needed, but depends on how people fly. A lot of people don't fly in FS9 using the fuel economically so a lot more fuel may be used. Over longer distances where the fuel is going to be higher, you don't need to multiply it by 4, maybe 2 or just add a bit more because the cruise at high altitude will be longer, using less fuel. Seems a bit strange but had always worked for me 😉

I basically add how ever much fuel I need on the distance of the whole flight, so if its shorter, I'd add say 3-4 times the fuel. The other night I was flying online with 4 times the fuel, and I got down to 19% fuel left because I had to circle the runway and I didn't fly economically. Hope it makes some sense 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...