Good News

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Man I am getting tired of some many "experts" around the net who are declaring the launch of FSX as their Official Time To Upgrade My PC Day.

Utter BS!

You won't need a new PC to run FSX. What in the world is giving people that idea? The target launch platform is Windows XP with Direct 9.1c or perhaps a revision of DX9. That is precisely the hardware being used by the FS devs at Microsoft today.

When you start FSX and pull all the sliders to the left, it will look like FS9.

As you drag sliders to the right more DX9 calls API will be invoked, mostly hardware T&L stuff. Things like pretty water, reflections, bump mapping, bloom and lots of special fx. Crank the autogen settings to max and you'll need probably 128MB video card.

You get the picture. Sliders left = FS9. Sliders right = FS9 + lots of pretty DX9 calls.

It's nothing that any generation card after a GeforceMX440 or Radeon 8500 can't deal with.

Nuff said. Can we stop with the FUD now?

Cheers,
Koorby

From: http://vistaoz.org/forums/index.php?s=d89f242a02bb5503b12bc0c4bbbf2fb7&showtopic=555

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What qualifies him as an expert if MS hasn't released anything that he can use to base his "conclusions" on.
Horse pocky!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Roger that RM. Well said 👍

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Hey RM- dont ask me, I was just showing you what I found on another forum- ask Koorby, the guy who wrote that post. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm not killing the messenger Cheeky, I was talking to anyone who wanted to listen to my rantings.

3 years will pass from FS9 and FSX, can a computer that old (mine is older) run FSX and Windows Vista on the 128mb ram XP requires.
Most of us have 512mb ram unfortunately Windows Vista will require that, it won't leave anything for FSX.

I'd like to know how much upgrading of his machine the author of that story will do once he has FSX and Windows Vista on it, if hardware that old will have the drivers for Windows Vista.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

What qualifies him as an expert if MS hasn't released anything that he can use to base his "conclusions" on.
Horse pocky!

Radar

👍

Hi all, I just want to say this: If anyone thinks M$ will produce a flight sim that runs satisfactorily on their current rig, then you either haven't been with Flight Sim very long or you are dreaming ! Don't you want a better Flight experience? Why buy the new M$FS if it's like the old? I have been flying this sim since it installed on two floppy's (If my mem serves me correctly) and I have spent more money and time upgrading my rigs to get that better Flight Experience (who needs a new rig to run M$ Word and go on the internet?). I can guaranty all of you that you will NOT be happy with the new FS on your current system.... and I applaud that ! I will gladly upgrade/ or build a new system when I buy, install and frown flying the new sim !! And I will again thank Billy Gates for not throwing in the towel on us !!! Bye, rob

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

OK, the last post was me... wasn't logged in, but wanted you to know who to trash !! rob

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...