A320PIC

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Even though I'm not a fan of Airbus, the exterior of the WilcoPub A320 Pilot in Command looked pretty decent, so I got it.

I can live with the fact that wilco was too lazy to patch their online package for use with FS9.1 and I had to do that myself. I can live with the insane concept of its not using the FS joystick assignments and insisting on its own configuration. I can even live with the plane's computer which fights with me every opportunity it gets.

What I can't live with is the ugliest 3-D cockpit I've ever seen. Is it possible to alias a 3rd party 2-D panel to this plane? If so, does anyone know a good one?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Even though I'm not a fan of Airbus, the exterior of the WilcoPub A320 Pilot in Command looked pretty decent, so I got it.

I can live with the fact that wilco was too lazy to patch their online package for use with FS9.1 and I had to do that myself. I can live with the insane concept of its not using the FS joystick assignments and insisting on its own configuration. I can even live with the plane's computer which fights with me every opportunity it gets.

What I can't live with is the ugliest 3-D cockpit I've ever seen. Is it possible to alias a 3rd party 2-D panel to this plane? If so, does anyone know a good one?

Sorry to hear of your problems with your Wilco product 😞 It isn't the first complaint we've heard at Flyaway of Wilco products 🙄

As far as I know, virtual cockpits are unchangable and it isn't possible to alias a 3rd party panel to the aircraft because it is written into the mdl. file. I could be completely wrong, but I've had a look at past posts that have suggested the same thing.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

it is possible to crack open the mdl, take the cockpit model into gmax and create a new one...but i've never heard of it being done.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I think that is more effort than a $25 plane is worth. 🙄

Cockpit aside, the exterior looks good. It sounds good and flies well.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I think that is more effort than a $25 plane is worth. 🙄

Cockpit aside, the exterior looks good. It sounds good and flies well.

I agree

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Crash,

I agree - I experienced the same disappointment when I bought it a couple of years ago - what an idea, to make a plane with no Panel !

All it's got going in it's defense is that it is pretty old by today's standards. Agree about the model looking nice too.

I find the best Airbus A320 is to take the freeware iFDG models (superb!), and merge the PSS A320 (Airbus Pro) Panel.

Add to that CFM and IAE Sound files from AVSIM, and the amazing 'PSS THR' package from AVSIM (all free obviously) and you get a pretty amazing, up to date A319/A320/A321 !

I fly this a lot - it's up there with PMDG and LDS add-ons once you put it all together 😂

D

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...