boeing 747 screenshot

Pro Member First Officer
rickypig112 First Officer

on the fsx screenshots ive noticed the 747 landing gear is missing, is it just me being stupid or am i right??

Answers 20 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Can you specify a link my friend rickypig112 cause im litle lazy on searching... Yawn 😀 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

It's true. That 747-200 is missing the landing gear 😕

Here's a real world picture of a 747-200:

http://photos.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/8/0/0/1002008.jpg

Compare yourself! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks a lot Captain Agus 👍

Yes i think too that the gear is missing.
Maybe an update (without gears) version of B-747 😀 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

You're welcome! 😉

Microsoft should really do something about this. Well, maybe the aircraft wasn't finished Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

You're welcome! 😉

Microsoft should really do something about this. Well, maybe the aircraft wasn't finished Dont Know

I think its a screenshots problem and not crafts one. Dont Know I can see a black-grey shadow there that we supposed to have the gear...So probably the screenshoot was taken when they change the angle view and the graphics dont have the time to load...Just a suppose of me... Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain

Shadow? I don't see that shadow... 😕

I don't think it's a screenshot problem, though. The landing gear is part of the aircraft model, not the textures. If it was a texture problem, the gear would show up but all grey.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I'm talking about this ➡

I agree that gears are a part of the craft and not of the textures but i have face up with this sometimes with some add-on crafts.Im sure that MS should know better... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Oh, that's not a shadow. It's the VHF antenna of the aircraft. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Oh, that's not a shadow. It's the VHF antenna of the aircraft. 😉

Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down I bow to your knowledges and i Whip myself for being so unaware dear Captain Agus,and also have to thank you for learn me something new.Punk
I have never dare to flight with this monster and i think that i have some time( a lot of time) in front of me till the day i manage to do it.

You have the pilots blood running to your veins my friend 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Perhaps its actually in motion and about to buzz the tower, along with the terminal's....

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hehe, thanks Greekman. 😉

Here's a link for you that shows that little thing called VHF (very high frequency) antenna: http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/AWA1/401-500/walk413_B747-400_Lutz_Gretschel/walk413.htm
I knew that that little thing was the VHF antenna before looking at this website 😎
This is for the 747-400, but I'm sure it would be the same for the 747-200. Look at the bottom of the page and you'll find the pictures.

Also check out this real world picture of a 747-200 and you'll again see the VHF antenna. http://photos.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/9/3/1/0865139.jpg

As you can see, there's two little antennas. One is the UHF (ultra high frequency) and the VHF.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thank you very very much for the links Captain Agus 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain

My pleasure Greekman 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Here's a real world picture of a 747-200:

http://photos.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/8/0/0/1002008.jpg

Compare yourself! 😉

That 747 in your real life pic is at gatwick - my home airport!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

👏 Well spotted rickypig112
Ive looked at those pics several times 🙄
In fairness to Microshaft,they did say FSX was not finished yet 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

How can you tell it's a 200? Read

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Agus0404 wrote:

I'm sure it isn't. It looks to me as a 744. 742's have shorter first class areas, i.e. less windows 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

Agus0404 wrote:

I'm sure it isn't. It looks to me as a 744. 742's have shorter first class areas, i.e. less windows 😉

That's my thinking precisely. But then again... it could be the 748 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

I guess you guys are right... After taking another look at the FSX 747 picture and comparing it with 747-400 and -200 of Airliners.net that aircraft looks like a 747-400. Its engines confused me Embarassed
I know that the first class area is bigger in the 744 and shorter in the 742. Well, we all make mistakes...I'm sorry if I confused you. I know more about Airbus than Boeing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

No need to hang your head in shame Agus, the picture in question has been taken at a strange angle for our viewing pleasure I guess.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was some kind of image created in PS purely for promotional reasons, hence the missing nose gear. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...