FSX Steam Downloaded Repaints

Pro Member Trainee
poolboy80 Trainee

Hi Folks

Is anyone able to help.  I am not abel the to get the majority of the repaints I download to work.

I am following instructions on the files but they will not show up in sim.

I hace put the cfg for the 737-800 below and the file structure, this is one of the ones I am struggling with.

[fltsim.0]
title=Boeing 737-800
sim=Boeing737-800
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
kb_checklists=Boeing737-800_check
kb_reference=Boeing737-800_ref
atc_id=N737Z
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-800"
ui_variation="White"
ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that way\s in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service."

[fltsim.1]
title=Boeing 737-800 Paintxx
sim=Boeing737-800
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=1
atc_id=N737X
atc_airline=Jet2.com
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-800"
ui_variation="Jet2.com"
description="One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that way\s in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service."

[fltsim.2]
title=Boeing 737-800 EasyJet Airlines
sim=Boeing737-800
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=2
atc_id=TC-JGR
atc_airline=Easy
atc_flight_number=1987
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-800"
ui_variation="EasyJet Airlines"
description="One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that way\s in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service. Repaint by Mustafa SAZAK"

[fltsim.3]
title=Boeing 737-800 KLM
sim=Boeing737-800
model=""
panel=""
sound=""
texture=KLM
atc_id=N737W
atc_airline=KLM
atc_flight_number=""
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type=737-800
ui_variation=KLM
ui_typerole=Avion de ligne
ui_createdby=Microsoft Corporation
description=Il n'est pas surprenant d'apprendre que le premier fabricant mondial d'appareils commerciaux est à l'origine de l'avion de ligne le plus populaire au monde. Le 737 est devenu l'avion de ligne le plus vendu au monde lorsque son nombre de commandes a atteint 1 831 en juin 1987 (dépassant le record de vente précédemment établi par le Boeing 727). Toutefois, il n'en a pas toujours été ainsi. En effet, durant les premières années de production, le nombre de commandes était si faible que Boeing a considéré l'annulation du programme. Le fabricant a poursuivi ce dernier et l'avion a largement fait ses preuves pendant plus de trente années de service.

The file structure is:-
model
panel
soundai
texture
texture.1
texture.2
texture.KLM
aircraft.cfg

Thanks Chris

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It looks good to me.
Look at the tab that you choose the aircraft that you want to fly and find the box that states "show all variations".
Put a checkmark in it and look for the new paints, they may not be under the name that you think they should be.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
poolboy80 Trainee

Thanks for the quick response, I have tried that though.  Just cant figure out what's happening :S

Kind Regards

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

As far as I can see your doing it right.
Be sure that the new textures that you are adding are for the aircraft you have.
They won't work on any other.

Maybe try starting with the number "1" not zero, anything might make a difference

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/32/installing-aircraft-repaints-textures-in-microsoft-flight/

Radar

Enko Guest

Make sure whan you save the updated CFG that you choose All Files and NOT Text document and save as aircraftname.cfg in th efilename

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...