Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Where can I find a Paint kit for a 757-200

D9023 Guest

Hi I was wondering where I could find a paint kit for a 757-200. If you know where I can find it Please reply.

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain
D9023 Guest

How do I get the paint kit to work?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Do you want a paintkit --- or --- textures?

D9023 Guest

I want a paint kit

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

D9023 wrote:

How do I get the paint kit to work?

Obviously you already have a paintkit.

If you don't know how to use it then you probably haven't done any repaints yet.

Let me ask you this way : What do you need the paintkit for?

D9023 Guest

I need it to paint a plane for my Virtual Airline until I can find someone to paint a 757 for FS2004 right now I'm just trying to paint it for FS2002

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

D9023 wrote:

I need it to paint a plane for my Virtual Airline until I can find someone to paint a 757 for FS2004 right now I'm just trying to paint it for FS2002

It seems you have not repainted before. I might be wrong - but that's how I understand it.

You might be thinking that a paintkit is all you need. Sorry, I don't think so. You should find a tutorial that suits you. Once you've worked your way through the tutorial, you will know how to use a paintkit.

You say you need to do the repaint for your VA.
First, you don't necessarely need a paintkit. If you do use a paintkit, they are not interchangable. For instance, if you use a Posky paintkit, you'll have to apply the finished textures to a Posky plane and so on.
What we need to know is exactly which model 757-200 your VA uses. Many models don't have a paintkit which doesn't mean you can't repaint the aircraft.

My question this time: If you are already using a tutorial - which one are you using?

D9023 Guest

I'm not using a tutorial and thanks for the info but I think I'd be better off trying to find a fleet painter

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Here are two very simple tutorials you might want to look at while you're waiting for a repainter. You'll get a rough idea what it's all about:
Arrow http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=repnt;action=display;num=1131308021

Arrow http://www.metaphor.karoo.net/repaint.html

Good luck! Very Happy

D9023 Guest

Thanks Tailhook it helped me a whole bunch Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Cheers!