Download Of The Day: Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

From the Homepage of Flyaway there is a download available to us. for the SR-71. I had downloaded this once before and it had no wheeles and a lot of other things were missing from it. Has anybody downloaded this? If so how well does it work?

Please advise...!!! ❓

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I went through every SR71 I could find (with a lot of leads from folks here). Those that fly well have no wheels and those that have wheels either have really screwy flight characteristics or fly like a 707.

Pro Member First Officer

CrashGordon,

Crash, that is what I have found too. Gauges and stuff are also not very well rendered. Ok I'll will patient and see what comes out of this.

Thanks,

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

If you want to gamble you can pick up a payware SR-71 at Alphasim for around $US 12.- .

I haven't heard anything bad about this one -- but it is a niche market 🤔

To get some idea you might want to check out their freeware which is outdated but still pretty good.

http://www.alphasim3.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=122

Pro Member First Officer

Tailhook,

Thanks for the link. Looking at the site it didn't look too out of whack for the time. I'll wait and see if anybody has experiencce with this model.

Thanks again...!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Just found the forums Ed,

Pro Member Trainee
neseng Trainee

Evil or Very Mad ...........Don't waste your time!...........still has no landing gear, virtual cockpit is blank, flight characteristics are totally unrealistic (even though I've never piloted a real Blackbird!) ........I'm sure that it doesn't have a rate of climb of 100,000 ft/min or more and handle like a Piper Cub on a very windy day!
I will be un-installing it just as soon as I've posted this message.
neseng

Pro Member First Officer

neseng,

Thanks for your input. I will not install the SR-71 then. I just didn't want to waste my time again.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...