Conversion from FS98 to 2002

Pro Member Trainee
JG Trainee

Noticed that 'VC10' in BOAC colours is available on this site

😞 ...Have I missed something or is there a way to run this a/c on the newer Simulators ?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

At times if you try to run aircraft from an older edition of the flight sim on a newer edition you either may not see it in your listing or it may be missing parts, usually the landing gear. It can't harm anything (I hope) to try.
But if you are looking for a certain aircraft for 2002 let us know the exact one and we'll try to find it for you.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
JG Trainee

Your advice appreciated Skipper

...in the meantime have just downloaded the Portugese A/F C130 Transport

All works well, except the Main Loading rear door open/close messages appear, but the door animation fails (door remains shut)...can you suggest a cure ??

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check the read-me that came with the aircraft. The window message will appear on the top of the sim when you press Shift+E+1, 2, 3 etc even if the craft hasn't got the animation.
Good to see that you have some loaded that show up. 👍

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
JG Trainee

Have emailed 'Patriot' who left some general comments on the performance of said machine, hoped his own flight time on this marque, might have shown up the fault in question

...Should I register the fault as 'Broken' or just lick my wounds and fly some other a/c

Whilst I have your attention...please explain why I cannot access several a/c, hidden in the Aircraft section of FS 2002, but not appearing as an option on the initial load-up screens...even under 'Any'

The DH Dash-8 is a prime example.

Regards

PS. Your courtesy is appreciated

Surprised

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀I think you have found the AI aircraft and I think you can access them with little tweaks.
Do the a/c have a panel and all the other bits and bobs?

TTT

Pro Member Trainee
JG Trainee

Affirmative...What are the little 'tweeks' ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Umm... The site I was going to point you towards has been hijacked by a Embarassed a site err Drool not for minors shall we say(no Im not telling)

So I've found these ➡

Sorry but just incase you've missed somthing.
And a site with a free prog called chAInger Im not sure that this was what I was looking for but worth a try ➡

http://members.multimania.co.uk/Berlin_flightsim/downtool.html

Have a try with them and I will Read see if I can find what I was thinking of

TTT

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...