Al Haynes. Very Cool

Pro Member Trainee
Nate66 Trainee

I got a very nice e-mail today. It is an invitation to be seated with a guest speaker at a local college. The cool thing about it is that the speaker is a guy named Captain Al Haynes of United Airlines Flight 232. This incident was caused by a failure of the #2 engine which resulted in the loss of all hydraulics. 184 people survived the crash. This is truly an ass kicking moment.

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Cool - sounds good! 😀

Pro Member Trainee
Nate66 Trainee

It truly is

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Cool!!!

😀 😀 😀

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Ah yes I remember that flight. The fan in the 2nd the engine split all 3 hydrualic lines and had no control. For more info ➡

UA Flight 232

If I remember I think they made a film of this but sure. if they did does anyone know what it'd called

Liono

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

WOW!you're lucky!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

WOW!you're lucky!

Indeed 😀

Pro Member Trainee
Nate66 Trainee

hms_endeavour wrote:

WOW!you're lucky!

Yes but it is nothing more than a lecture that he is speaking out to a group of people. I just happened to be one of the guys out of several people who decided that they will come. So I guess it is not much of an invitation more than an opportunity to come due to considering the college. But it still is very cool 😁 http://www.westminstercollege.edu/aviation/index.cfm?parent=4125&detail=5873

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Wow Nate66, you're a pretty lucky guy, congradulations! 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

al haynes is a hero... i could not even imagine landing a DC-10 steering it with only engine power...

all souls aboard that flight truly should have been lost.. this is a triumph in human piloting skill and aviation knowledge.

..may those who didnt make it out rest in peace

Pro Member Trainee
Nate66 Trainee

Today was the day. I finally saw him and he is very motivational. I also found out that the plane was more damaged than I thought when it crashed. He also told us about acceptance, teamwork and train of thought. Not to mention that imagining the forces that he faced. I personally think that it is amazing to see a healthy person who survived being a fulcrum to a 267,196 lb+ plane give out a lecture to 100 people.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...