this shouldnt be happening

Pro Member First Officer
rickypig112 First Officer

hi all
i was just coming into land from a flight from heathrow to changi and i landed my rear gear perfectly but when my front gear touched down it kept going through the runway, the funny thing is it didnt register as a crash on fsp and i thought it was a very smooth landing. i noticed also the wings were jolting around violently. this has never happened before. does anyone have any asuggestiongs on why this happened and how i can prevent it happening again. by the way i was using a qantas 747-400.

much appreciated.

😂

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

that often happens especially if you have added scenery. It is just because the runway bitmap is not quite on the same plane as the actual hard <0> plane. I have scene times when my plane is almost buried.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Me too, its annoying but inevitable, although my planes have never appeared 'buried'. Usually, its just half my wheel or something like that 😉

Pro Member First Officer

does it happen evey land u do?
as this is the first time it has happened to me and it doesnt do much for the realism your trying to achieve.
is there any way we can stop it

Pro Member Chief Captain

When you say the wheel 'kept going through the runway' do you mean it was completely buried. If so, this is abnormal. If its only slightly embedded into the runway, I don't what can be done.

Pro Member First Officer

yes all the way up to the belly of the plane. its perplexing because fsp doesnt register it as a crash. but i thought it would be fine as i have a small amount of fuel on board so it isnt as if im fully loaded.

Pro Member Chief Captain

If its all the way to the belly of the plane then that is definately a fault. Are you using add-on scenery??

Pro Member First Officer

no, the plane is an add on but has never happened before though.

Pro Member Chief Captain

It is just this airport, just this one time or does it happen all the time at all airports??

Pro Member First Officer

come to think of it yes it has just happened at this airport. i have landed with other planes at this airport with no problem though

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Well, it all points to your 'qantas 747-400' then.

It seems the aircraft is not compatible with fs9.

If you really want assistance, give us something to work with. 'qantas 747-400' just doesn't cut it. Exact .zip file name and download source... what's so difficult about that?

sorry ive never doen this before, is this what you need?
http://library.avsim.net/zipdiver.php?DLID=52806

i hope so.

but the thing is i have landed at other airports with the same plane and that was fine. it just doesnt seem to like changi.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I've had the same problem sometimes with some aircraft, specifically with an Air India 747 I was using. It was as though the gear wasn't there Umm...

exactly, its just annoying that its only done it this one time. and weird the fact the passengers were fine with the nose gear sinking through the runway and her belly scraping along.

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

I'm pretty sure this can easily be remedied. It's a matter of editing the aircraft CFG file. Something to do with contact points.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

sorry ive never doen this before, is this what you need?
http://library.avsim.net/zipdiver.php?DLID=52806

i hope so.

but the thing is i have landed at other airports with the same plane and that was fine. it just doesnt seem to like changi.

Yes that's something - you've given me the ZipDive...

This is an example of what I meant:
File Name: qantaswunaladreamingvhoej.zip

Download Source: avsim.com

If you want to be super-helpful, you can link us directly to this file by posting the link like so ➡ http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=qantas+wunala&CatID=root&Go=Search

Back to your problem with this particular aircraft:

I'm pretty sure this can easily be remedied. It's a matter of editing the aircraft CFG file. Something to do with contact points.

The above suggestion by freedspeak is a good one to keep in mind and to remember. - Concerning this particular aircraft, you won't have to bother with editing.

The Flight Dynamics of the POSKY aircraft are more realistic than the default Microsoft ones. This means among other things that your landing gear can collapse if you're not careful.

Even though your maingear is already safely on the tarmac -- if you force your nose-wheel down because you're afraid there won't be enough runway left to stop the aircraft, your nose-wheel in a POSKY 747 will collapse.

I know you said that you've landed the same aircraft successfully at other airports but that you seem to be having problems at Changi (WSSS).

I can assure you there is nothing wrong with the default Microsoft runways at WSSS.
Try another landing there - clear all weather - no wind, daylight and go by the book. Don't use FSPax for this experiment - the chase for points just distracts you from the proper approach and landing procedures. I bet you a Dollar, you'll be landing nice and smooth. Just don't get nervous and tense when it's time for the nose-wheel to make contact with the tarmac.

Good luck, let us know how you're progressing Idea

😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...