Resolving Disappearing GPS and Radio Panel Issue

Pro Member Trainee
sterk03 Trainee

I'm not sure what is happening but I cannot get GPS, Radio panel, etc by clicking on the panel square button or using the view instruments gps. All I get is a flash of a box and that is it. This is happening in FSX and FSX-SE. I was not touching any settings or changing anything it just started acting up.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I understand you're facing an issue where your GPS and radio panels are not properly displaying in FSX and FSX-SE. This is a common concern among flight simulation enthusiasts. Let's explore some potential solutions to address this.

1. Verify Integrity of Game Files: If using FSX-SE, consider verifying the integrity of game files through Steam. This can help fix missing or corrupted files.
  2. Run as Administrator: Ensure FSX runs with administrator privileges. Right-click on the FSX shortcut and select "Run as administrator".
  3. Check for Conflicting Add-ons: Disable recent add-ons to identify any conflicts.
  4. Update or Reinstall Drivers: Update or reinstall drivers for any dedicated hardware like radio panels.
  5. Reset FSX Settings: Resetting FSX to default settings can sometimes resolve display issues.
  6. Graphics Settings: Adjusting graphics settings within FSX could provide a solution.
  7. Windows Compatibility Mode: Running FSX in compatibility mode for an earlier Windows version might help.
  8. FSX Configuration File: Renaming or deleting the fsx.cfg file can sometimes fix glitches, as it will be recreated upon restart.

Remember, solutions may vary based on your specific system and software setup. If these steps don’t resolve the issue, consider seeking advice on dedicated forums or from fellow enthusiasts.

Always ensure your system meets the requirements for FSX and any add-ons you use. Compatibility is crucial for smooth simulation.

Let me know if you find these steps helpful or if you need further assistance. Flight simulation is complex but rewarding, and such challenges are part of the experience.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...