Looking for DC-3 Painter

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Hi painters,

I would really like to see a repaint of the aircraft above, the New Zealand Warbirds associsation Douglas DC-3. It is being repainted soon, and would like to see a re-creation of it for FS2004 before she changes her colours in real life.

I have plenty of media available and photographs of all different angles of the plane if you need them- so if you are interested in doing the default DC-3 up, please post here!

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

now thats a good lokking plane if I ever saw one 👍

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

As you have specifically asked for the Default DC-3, I presume you do not have the payware MAAM version. You might be able to squeeze a free DC-3 at -- http://www.maam.org/flightsim/PACKAGES/R4D.htm
The quality of the a/c makes the default one look like a poor relation.

The MAAM is relatively easy to paint, while the default a/c has many restrictions in where you can paint although I will have another look at it and see what can be done - although I believe that your DC-3 requires painting parts of the fuselage that a repainter just can't get to.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

You might be able to squeeze a free DC-3 at -- http://www.maam.org/flightsim/PACKAGES/R4D.htm

I looked at the MAAM DC-3 before and indeed it looks beautifull, although I can't afford it right now 😞

What do you mean by "squeeze a free" one though? The reason I want the DC-3 repainted is not just for me, but the entire NZ flightsim community, as I am sure plently of people who see it in the skies above the country would love to re-create some of it's flights.

As for the default DC-3, which areas of the fuselage are not accessable? Prehaps we could comprimise and leave a few parts out?

Thanks for your reply.

Pro Member Captain

Left a PM for you.

Pro Member Captain

Well I have something for you - not sure it's what you want - didn't know if you wanted a clapped out, dirty a/c or a nice clean, tidy DC3 which would be a better memory for all the War Bird fraternity.
Anyway this is what I turned out - very difficult to get things where you want them in the default textures - but I think I've got all the relevant lettering and numbers on the a/c but not in the exact same place as shown in the pics lifted from the NZWB site.

Not for 56K DUN

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Hi Dave.

I just checked my PM and was about to get the MAAM DC-3 untill I saw your reply.

The screenshot looks fantastic! Please could you upload it somewhere and post a link?

It is much better than I ever imagened, and in such a short time, I am thrilled with your work 😀 😀 😀

Thanks so much,
CT

Pro Member Captain

Sorry for late reply but have been dealing with people who will not read instructions properly - like read and digest Twisted Evil
Have it all ready to send you but need an email address.

Dave C
Forget that request - got it from your profile - you must be one of the few who actually complete that profile 😂 - now let's get that DC-3 to you.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Hi Davec,

I recieved your e-mail and downloaded the repaint straight away!

It's fantastic! Thank you ever so much!

You have just ended the years of longing for Kiwi flightsim enthusiasts for a NZWB DC-3!

Thanks again pal Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...